Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Faith's first trip to WDW  (Read 5344 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Faith's first trip to WDW
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 02:54:11 PM »
IMO, don't go to WDW if you can't stay onsite.  Besides the illusion of being in another world (isn't that the point of going?!?) and the overall theming, service, amentities, etc., the 2 main reasons for staying onsite are extra magic hours in the morning and night at one park a day and the Disney Transport service.  Stay at a park til closing during a holiday and try DRIVING back to your hotel and let me know how it went ;)

The busses do get packed but you are still back in 30 minutes instead of 3 hours.  The ability to leverage the busses is probably my number one reason and Magic hours is the number 2 reason.  Just imagine being able to stay in a park from 12AM - 3AM :)  I'm sure the CM's hate it (RJ? lol) but its like ERT on everything!  They switch between morning and night but its worth it.  Animal Kingdom in the dark is simply amazing to!

edit:  I should add that if you are just passing by and have, say, an annual pass then YES it is still worth going even if you aren't staying onsite lol.  I'm speaking for those of you that plan to go for 3+ days.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »
Wow 3am  :o  We can sleep late and go to the park late.
Yes on site sounds better
Just returning from the Royal Pacific at Universal it does make a difference and worth it with the extra perks.
SO its better to buy tickets separate then from a whole package ?

Now just to find time to get the time away/off

edit: did you notice handicap access like electric scooters etc.

Yo

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 03:15:39 PM »
I agree with Wade. I could not imagine staying anywhere else but onsite. My experience at Port Orleans was awesome. If you ever needed anything about tickets or reservations, you just call the front desk and they were able to do everything. And they also have the Mickey Mouse pancakes which are so cool.

Also, the Whoop-Dee-Doo Review was awesome. I never saw so much chicken and potatoes in my life! Plus the show was entertaining. I miss River Country though.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »
Thanks to EMH, my girlfriend and I got to the parks around 2-3PM every day, yet still did almost everything in every park.  I'm never going back to WDW and not staying on property.  It's just amazing.

Caribbean Beach is pretty spread out, but we didn't mind since we had a preferred room that was a building over from Old Port Royale.  Next time I go back, I'm going to try one of the Port Orleans resorts.  They were already on my list, but that endorsement bumps it up a notch.  I have a feeling we're going to be one of those couples that go around and stay in every resort, lol.

3AM EMH isn't too bad since we get off at 3:45. It's the 4AM closings that are the real killer. LOL.  At least the Mouseketerria opens at 3AM, so you can grab breakfast after work if you want.  The strangest part of that though is that you usually start your shift at like 7PM.  It's like having the day off...then having to work.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 08:35:15 AM »
edit:  I should add that if you are just passing by and have, say, an annual pass then YES it is still worth going even if you aren't staying onsite lol.  I'm speaking for those of you that plan to go for 3+ days.

So, are you saying Annual Pass holders get EMH too? If that's the case, AWESOME. If  I misread that, wishful thinking?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline gorf1000

• http://www.kooldude.us
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 01:10:37 PM »
I will certainly say that this was an extremely memorable trip, and most of it was awesome fun  ;)

The pic of you guys in the line for IJ was messed up because the shutter was stuck half shut, it happens every now and then with that camera.

You have to put up that video of Luke in Epcot before ROE that was completely YouTube worthy!  If nothing else you have to hold on to that for blackmail purposes when he gets older ;)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 01:21:42 PM »
LOL, well, unfortunately even with the night vision it was tough to see because of being next to the torch.  The flickering from the flame kept throwing off the night vision.  So I'll need to edit it to make it brighter.  I guess it can be titled Luke's Rave LOL