Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SFNO: Council President Wary of Group's Plan  (Read 952 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: SFNO: Council President Wary of Group's Plan
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
Interesting.  The only part I don't fully agree with is
It begs the question that if the business plan for another theme park is a good one, why would Six Flags not want to dip into that venture, and they don?t.
because the obvious reason Six Flags doesn't and won't dip into another venture there is because they are totally flat broke, struggling as it is, have no capital and are having issues with their insurance company regarding the destroyed park.  Gee, wonder why they are done there lol

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 10:17:38 PM »
Fielkow is concerned that whatever decision is made on the Six Flags site, that it be successful. He said two failed attempts to successfully run a theme park means that the third time isn?t a charm, but a must.

I strongly disagree, I dont believe that a 3rd time is good at this time. One strong reason is for exactly what Wade said, SIX is in the red right now, and this park would rake in profits to put SIX in the black. Which leads me to my next point, I dont believe the market is there anymore for a theme park, New Orleans has a fraction of the people is did when the park was running...
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 10:51:46 PM »
I think there is a market for a smaller, affordable, family park, but not a big, expensive Six Flags.