Clementon Park and Splash World > Clementon Park and Splash World Chit Chat

Some old photos of Clementon Park

<< < (2/4) > >>

PcMan:

I'm a long time resident of Clementon and been looking for pictures of the park from the 1960-1979 time frame 

PcMan:
This is how I remember the Lake when I was a kid in the early 70's
this pic may be from the 60's  ?
But I swam here everyday in the summer
What you see below is the T-Dock (I remember 2 other docks one had a sliding board on it) and in the distance is the residential side of the lake behind these people would have been the FLYERS,to the right would be the dam and to the left the Log Flume and Tsunami. \/

Noahs Ark was behind the people in the above pic,it was replace by the FLYERS \/ I never seen the Ark but rode the Flyers all the time got kicked off many times for "snapping" the cables.The Motor and the base of the Flyers was enclosed in a triangle type "house" I remember the operator going in it to do whatever.according to www.flyeraddicts.com the Flyers operated from the 1950's to 1987 ?

the park had powerboat races \/  the park would be on the left

chilled182:
Kennywood still has an operating Noah's Arc fun house.  It's pretty old, too.

WadeJ:
I can't wait to get home and see this thread on my pc. It always killed me in the late 80's and most of the 90's to see the flyer buckets in the jackrabbit infield. Thanks for posting these Tom.

chilled182:
I know where those flyers buckets are!! Theyre in the old ballroom right now I think

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version