Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR Hershey Park!  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
PTR Hershey Park!
« on: July 01, 2008, 12:19:39 AM »
So, It was a slow monday, therefore me and my mom decided to go to Hershey. We packed our cooler, brought some clothes, punched in Hershey into the Magellan and were on our way. I also had a breakfast of champions which was Taquitos and a Bagel with Cream Cheese with a Diet Pepsi. And so we were off at about 730AM.

Crunch and Munch, Great snackin stuff!

Its a 3 Hr trip from Staten Island, so I had to stay awake somehow, wait did my mom steal my Red Bull!?

And so we finally got there at about 1030-1045 AM, Very Very good timing considering we hit some very light patches of traffic that killed our timing.

The beautiful chocolate skyline!

So we zip past the Hershey school,

and make a turn at the light, and make our way into the parking lot, we get past the booths and find a nice spot right by the First Tram spot. We secure everything and make our move for the tram with the skyline right in our vision. A quick tram ride and we were right at the front gates.

We get our tickets and get in, and I grab a map. It doesn't take much to realize what I will be heading to right now...I had a bit of a fever and it was approximately 97 Degrees and Falling fast...

I got on line for this interesting coaster, the que seemed full but there was a whole section not used so I got on, i snapped some snazzy photos and progressed through the line finally getting on the ride, in the very last row. So we were dispatched and off the train went

Fahrenheit was a very fun ride, however it fell just a little short of the hype. I was amazed at how they crammed it all into a tight space. The best part of the ride was easily the lift and the drop, you go up on your back and get thrown over for some very nice ejector airtime, the red of the ride has some fun inversions that are solid and occasional airtime. It was a fun ride but not a top 10, maybe a top 20 nonetheless a solid ride, that IMO is marketed BEAUTIFULLY!

So, I still had a craving for some Intamin, therefore I headed to another side of the park

Time for some VERTICAL HORSEPOWER! I marched right toward the line and within 10 minutes I was in the back seat, buckled and leaving the station. And so it was Arms Down, Head Back, Hold On and get ready for some Vertical Horsepower!

For those of you that know me, you know my thoughts on Storm Runner  :)

For those of you that don't know me so much, Storm Runner is one of my favorite rides out there. The tophat is just amazing with the forceful ejector air and the Immelmann, Heartline Roll and Flying Snake Dive all compliment each other beautifully. This ride packs some punch and leaves me saying WOW after everytime I get off. Its a perfect combination of airtime and elements but all packed into an intense ride. I cannot praise this ride enough. And so after I regained myself, twas off to the....

WILDCAT!

This ride was about a 2 train wait, no big deal, I missed it last time I came to the park so I was sure to ride this before I left. It was a FUN ride. This woodie packs alot of that What the Hell is going on feeling, with some pops of air. Its an overall fun ride and will rank somewhere in my top woodies. I also found it fairly smooth. Great fun woodie!

I tried to do the Wild Mouse, but logically figured the line was too long, therefore I skipped it.

So after having a dropping fever, a crave for vertical horsepower and the itch for a woodie, I decided to slow down for a little bit and do the Ferris Wheel.

It seemed small, but that is because me and my mom were used to the Niagara Ferris wheel which was HUGE! So me and my mom boarded and we were off, we were able to snap some GREAT photos of the park!

After going around the Ferris Wheel a few times, I decided Hmmm, There was a Storm brewing and was severe

I went to ride Thunder first. This is one of my favorite wooden roller coasters. The drop is simply amazing and the out of control not know which direction feeling is GREAT! The forces cause of the turns and helixes are awesome and the pops of air are great. It was also fairly smooth. Although I lost it was an amazing ride!

Since Thunder was a walkon, i did Lightning, which also, was a walk on. Lightning is just as fun, but a little rougher, the dueling on this ride is AMAZING! I won this time but I still prefer Thunder!

At this point, it was about 1 in the afternoon, me and my mom were starting to feel the heat and we werent in the mood for the mob in the boardwalk. So we settled and went to Roller Soaker!

This ride looked fun, however I didnt ride it because dispatch was annoying and frustrating and the line was fairly long and we didnt want to wait. I soaked some people with the geyser, had my laughs, put my shoes back on and we continued along. We got wet enough just from being in the area, so it worked out.

What else could cheer me up besides some more Vertical Horsepower!?

Really, I love Storm Runner, its a great ride!

After that, My mom and I headed to Zoo America, which had some interesting animals, that were pretty cool to see.

Porcupine asleep up in the tree!

Black Bear eating. The funny thing is, my mom was able to get his attention by doing the same things she does to call my cats. He was eating and then Bam, looked up at my mom right after she called him. It was funny and we casually walked away.

Prairie Dogs! These little guys were very playful and fun to watch. They are like squirrels without the fur! So entertaining!

American Bison, We couldn't find their wings  :( :P

Golden Eagle. There was a rabbit in its cage that probably would become part of the food chain if you catch my drift, I love Birds of Prey!

There also were other cool animals but I couldnt get good pics of such as Mountain Lions and Wolves. Really cool.

Conveniently right at the entrance was this ride:

It was called the Flying Falcon, It was like a Rodeo Stampede in the Air, with Enterprise characteristics! It was AMAZING and gave me a feeling a never felt before. This is in my top 3 for flat rides, easily, I just wish GADV would have hung on to theirs because these are ALOT of fun!

So after that, we headed over toward Superdooperlooper on the way hitting the Log Flume. I passed right by Great Bore, i mean Bear, and we went right for the flume cause we wanted a water ride that didnt have a long wait, it was about 15 minutes and we were on.

HP has a fun flume, it fits well with the terrain and weaves between GB and SDL nicely. It has a great drop and a nice hill after the drop to make it even more fun. (Riptide much?). It was a great ride and got me and my mom wet enough to keep cool.

I hit SDL really quick as it was a walkon for the backrow. It is a solid fun and smooth scwartzkopf looper. I enjoy myself on it but its one of the less fun rides in the park. Its day has came and past for this ride. Still a nice one to ride once in a while though. Its the GASM of HP.

A nice ride that unfortunately was not open  :P

So now we headed onto the Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge, It was about a 5 minute wait.

It was a very fun shoot em up ride. Its just really fun to shot lazers at random things and best of all it was all candy related. I gotta give kudos to Hershey for this one!

On the way out of HP, we goofed around a bit

After that, the day was winding down, we headed finally to get our tour of the chocolate making. We got our tour, got our samples and then loaded up in the gift shop after being pretty much convinced from the tour. Some reese's , hershey's new chocolate, cookies and cream, a big cup and a mounds bar, which OH *!$# IS STILL IN THE CAR!!!!

After the tour, we got the tram back to our car, packed up what we had, cracked open a red bull and start our venture home and to dinner on the way which was

This was a VERY depressing sight as we passed it at about 830 PM, Dorney Park  :-\

Finally after a grueling trip and long trip home, a whole 3 hrs, a light was shined!

Thank you all for reading my trip report!

THINGS TO NOTE
*GADV needs to really gain some flats, I never realized this until now, but they really help with crowd control

*They really use their space efficiently, I really love how Storm Runner is weaved right into the park practically all over

*Lots of younger kids then me, maybe its the candy, but maybe SFI can abosrb some of the plays from HPs playbook to achieve their goals.

*The Boardwalk was a great success for HP, it was very busy and seems to be a staple for the park. When I look at the boardwalk I realize how healthy HP is but also when I looked, I saw this teaser...

Thank you ALL who read and enjoyed my TR

***All picture belong to RobbW and may not be used without his consent, please just send a PM or IM. Also all these shots were taken from my Blackberry Pearl!***
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:22:34 AM by RobbW »
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
Re: PTR Hershey Park!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 12:40:26 AM »
Great photo trip report. Hershey is one of my favorite amusement parks. It's just so much fun.
Great resolution on most of the pictures for taking them with your phone.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:37:02 AM »
Nice TR Rob That is one long day trip from SI. We are going to head down to HP for Halloween . I saw the July 1 thing .. Actually now that I am thinking of it I am going to head to their web site now and see what is going on. ... BBL

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »
Nice pictures ALL.

Your tastes in coasters will change when you hit puberty.  :P
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 03:35:18 PM »
Nope, just when he rides a GG woodie!

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:52:05 PM »
Or at least a well maintained CCI.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »
Heh heh, Whats wrong with my taste in coasters?
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]