Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: TWO events on one night ..That is the answer I got  (Read 2524 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
TWO events on one night ..That is the answer I got
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:30:31 PM »
OK I e-mailed the park about the Fall family fun night and the Fairgrounds event being on the same night . Here is the e-mail I got in return ....

Dear Maryann,

The Fairgrounds event begins after the Season Pass Holder event ends.  There will only be a minimal overlap between the two events.

Thank you

Alexandra Nicotra

Guest Relations Coordinator
Six Flags Great Adventure, Wild Safari & Hurricane Harbor
P.O. Box 120
Jackson, NJ 08527

SO I guess there will be both events ... Should be intresting clearing out the park and getting the other event started . I remember the days of CAD and the park being open to the GP and people not leaving it was always intresting to see .

Admin Edit:  I removed Alexandra's direct phone extension ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:38:08 PM by WadeJ »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: TWO events on one night ..That is the answer I got
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 03:37:02 PM »
Beat me to it LOL

Yes, I checked into this one last Friday night while I was there.  I wouldn't worry about a thing.  Honestly, the group coming into the park is generally highly regarded by the cast of the park as the best guests they have all year so it should make it easy weeding out the folks that don't belong lol.

The private event I'm sure will also have some sort of wrist band or something to indicate they belong there.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:26:21 PM »
Strange. So the fairgrounds event is going to start at 10 p.m. which is when the fall family fun night usually ends?? 

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 05:29:20 PM »
Is the Fall Family "Night" During the day as Fairgrounds starts at 6:00PM.
I just can't see there being minimal overlap here.
My guess is someone screwed up here and now they can't fix it.
Although the VIP Ticket for Fairgrounds does sound tempting!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »
Fun Night goes from 5-10PM.

Fairgrounds goes from 6 to I think 1 or 2AM.  So technically, there is sorta a minimal overlap.  My guess is that many of the folks for the private event won't dwindle in until 7-8PM as the FFN folks head out.  These season pass holder events have very low attendance on days that the park isn't open for the day.  So I think this is a win-win for everybody.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 07:46:33 PM »
I don't really see that as a minimal overlap . It is over a 4 hour overlap. That is not minimal . Some families may feel uncomfortable in this situation . I have no issue with it but some people see family fun night and in turn see the fairgrounds crowd and it may backfire in SF face. 

Sorry Wade it was eating at me i just had to ask . I wanted to hear what the park had to say about this . I am pretty sure we will be there .

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 01:22:33 PM »
We did the Fairgrounds event a year or 2 ago thinking it would be dead, but when we left around 1 am, there was still a huge line of cars coming in the parking lot. I would suggest avoiding staying past 8 if possible. If it's like it was the year we went, it will be pretty busy.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 07:04:04 PM »
Looks like it was a mistake.

Bring the family out to Six Flags Great Adventure on September 26 for exclusive ride time from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on select heart-pounding coasters and family rides.  Plus, Fall Family Fun Night features special retail discounts and other fun surprises just for Season Pass Holders.  Please note:  Your Season Pass Value Book contains a misprinted date of September 19 for this event.  Corrected date for Fall Family Fun Night is September 26.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 09:36:08 PM »
Yup got this today as well. I do hope they send out some sort of notice or give out some handouts at the park . Not everyone gets these e-mails .

This will put us out of being there as we have a family wedding that Friday night... :( I really wanted to go too .

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 10:49:52 PM »
Sweet. I'm off that night, as of right now. I will do what I can to make sure that it stays that way. I haven't been to the park since June and have been getting a small desire to get back.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »
Awesome. Glad to hear that we don't have to share the park with another event. Can't wait!