Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Tickets in ride lines?  (Read 3788 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
Tickets in ride lines?
« on: July 28, 2008, 06:05:05 PM »
I've heard that they've started giving out tickets in the ride lines again?  I think that's great news as long as they actually collect them and throw people out who either don't have a ticket or a ticket not in sequence.  The line jumping this year (especially at TDK) has been out of control so it's good to see them doing something about it.

I've also heard that they're now trying to stop people from running at opening by leading people to the rides?  Has anyone seen this?  I'm curious how it would work when there's so many paths people could take to get to the various rides.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Tickets in ride lines?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 06:48:28 PM »
Yes and yes :)

Its only on loaded days so I guess they have a magic number before kicking these things in.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:42:15 PM »
Ahh I am really not a fan of these tickets. I was at the park on Saturday and when I was over by El Toro at around 11:30 a.m. it was a walk on into the station (it just re-opened from a minor break down so everyone left the line). What made me so upset was the fact that there was no one in line and they handed out the tickets, making a line out past the El Toro sign for the people waiting to get a ticket. It took longer to get a ticket than it did to wait for your train. Also, the whole time I was over by El Toro, even once the first set of switchbacks were filled, the employee collecting the tickets didn't even look at the numbers. I don't know, but this whole incident made me realize that I really don't like the ticket idea.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:20:43 PM »
They were likely ignoring the actual numbers just because the line was so short.  Still unacceptable though.  I have also noticed it is very hit or miss.  It's a system that is only as good as those running it.  Regardless, it actually still does discourage line jumping.  Especially those that run ahead of their group, get in line and then want their 12 friends to join them 5 minutes later.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:28:37 PM »
Maybe they already have this, but I always thought it would be a good idea to have employees "undercover" as guests in the queue looking for line jumpers. They could then contact uniformed security to bust them. What a fun job that would be.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 11:01:16 PM »
I like Matts idea. The problem here is true with any policy. If its not enforced its useless. I like the tickets because its a free souvineer and is also efficent.

What about bringing back the lifeguard chairs for security?
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:56:31 AM »
The main thing is that security has to start doing something about it.  In all our times visiting the park, we've never seen security stop a line jumper on their own.  The worst was at TDK earlier this month when security just watched line jumpers and did nothing about it.

As Wade said, tickets are good, but they're only as good as the person collecting them.  If they don't look at them, it's a waste of time.  It may be a deterrant initially, but if enough people see them not looking at the numbers, they'll lose effectiveness.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 06:53:50 AM »
In past years I never saw them check the number sequence on the tickets.
I think I still might have some of the Chiller tickets they used to give out at Kingda Ka.
I suppose they had no real use for them over at the Chiller last year!

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »
Wow, I didn't realize the problem was so bad that Security just lets people go by without doing anything, I figured it was all cases of Security not being at the right time and place to witness it. So much for my idea.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 09:09:58 PM »
"It's a system that's only as good as those running it"- Very true. What a perfect discription.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »
Did they give up on the tickets already?  The lines today definitely justified using them, but we didn't see them giving tickets on any ride line.

On another note, has anyone seen RT racing lately, or is the right side closed for the season?

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 05:48:54 PM »
They were racing about 3 weeks ago when I went with Rob on a weeknight.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 07:42:02 AM »
They were racing last night.  Seemed like every other run as one side only had 1 train.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
I could have sworn later last night they were racing all 4 trains?  at least that what it seemed while waiting for toro around 8pm.  good day ken!  and with the crowd they had, I didn't even see the need for the tickets.  it was a really nice crowd there yesterday.  and toro just seems better and better everytime I ride it. Last night just fealt crazy out of control fast.  Now if only Matt there to witness this :D

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 01:01:50 PM »
I like it except for the lame parts.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »
And so the dead horse were were beating is now alive and kicking, way to bring a topic back ;) :P :)
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 09:11:48 PM »
I could have sworn later last night they were racing all 4 trains?  at least that what it seemed while waiting for toro around 8pm.  good day ken!  and with the crowd they had, I didn't even see the need for the tickets.  it was a really nice crowd there yesterday.  and toro just seems better and better everytime I ride it. Last night just fealt crazy out of control fast.  Now if only Matt there to witness this :D
Hey Wade. I heard that you were in the park on Saturday.  I was in the High Five line at park closing and was looking for you.

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 11:52:11 PM »
He was there. RJ and myself said Hi :P

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 11:06:21 AM »
LMAO

It was hard to hear over the music so I totally feel stupid now knowing that I met medieval and didn't even know it.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 06:23:14 AM »
Ok we were there saturday and I missed everyone. My son LOVES the high 5 line at the end of the night and we were there . Now i would have known if I had seen Wade just from the WDW TR photos and no luck. Oh well maybe next time guys . We should get the updates meet up going again maybe this time we will actually be able to go ...lol Just not Friday night at family fall fun night we have a wedding that night ... Already I can't make it see  :'(.