Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Can SIX Get Off The Debt Roller Coaster?  (Read 751 times)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: Can SIX Get Off The Debt Roller Coaster?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »
Did Seeking Alpha scold their writers?  They're nowhere near biased anymore!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Re: Can SIX Get Off The Debt Roller Coaster?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 07:33:34 AM »
Wow. It's beginning to be said in plain English, in widely circulated publications meant for general interest:

....New York-based Six Flags, which owns Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, fell on concern the company may not be able to refinance $287.5 million in debt next year, an analyst said.

David Miller, an analyst at Caris & Co., said banks, cautious in their lending, don't have much tolerance for companies operating with a high amount of debt....

http://www.app.com/article/20081116/BUSINESS/811160333/1003

It should be noted that Great Wolf Lodges is currently having great difficulty re-negotiating the mortgage, which is maturing the end of this month, on the Mason lodge adjacent to Kings Island.

Refinancing debt in this market is nearly impossible for many of the most creditworthy of companies, not to mention amusement companies with high levels of debt, greatly exceeding the break-up value of the company...what with low real estate values and a limited market of buyers.

And before someone asks, SIX owes far more than $287.5 million....that's just what is due next year...and they don't have the cash to pay even that.