Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Hershey's Christmas Candy Lane 11/23  (Read 2811 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
Hershey's Christmas Candy Lane 11/23
« on: November 24, 2008, 08:24:40 PM »
We met up with our friends, Jay and Lindsey, on Sunday to visit Christmas Candy Lane at Hershey.  Thanks to the buy-one-get-one free coupon from the Hershey Fan Club, we were able to get our admission for $5/person.  Can't beat that!

Since the lines were non-existant, we were able to ride everything we wanted once and some of them twice.  It was disappointing that the Monorail and Kissing Tower were closed when they were supposed to be open.  Not sure why the Monorail was closed, but the sign at Kissing Tower said it was "closed due to cool temperatures".  We didn't buy that for one second since we've ridden it when it was MUCH colder than it was yesterday.  Both of those rides give the best views of the Christmas lights so we really missed out.

Although no coasters are ever open and the 2 other ride closures, it was a fun day at the park with good friends.

Sue & Rich:

Lindsey & Jay:

Santa sure is lucky!

Comet:

Jay & Lindsey on the Scrambler:

Rich, Jay, & Lindsey on Fender Bender:

Jay & Lindsey on Pirate:

Rich on Frontier Flyers:

Farenheit looks ready to ride:

Flying Falcon isn't open:     :(

Nice lie, Hershey!

Jay & Lindsey on the Turnpike:

Jay & Lindsey on Tilt-A-Whirl:

Lindsey, Sue, & Jay on Wave Swinger:

Jay & Lindsey on Skyview Sky Ride:

Christmas Lights:

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
Re: Hershey's Christmas Candy Lane 11/23
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:17:18 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun Sue. Hopefully I can make it to Hershey for the Christmas lights this year.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 01:42:52 AM »
Yummmm Chocolate and Flats
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 05:53:50 AM »
Another good place to go is Storybook Land.  Bubbles is awesome and so are their lights!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 08:38:33 AM »
I was going to go last Saturday but the temps were in the 20's.   ^Bubbles is a lot of fun.  It's a close second or third behind Santa lighting the park at night and the Turtle Twirl.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 06:31:14 PM »
Mmmm Bubbles...

I'm going to miss going to Hershey and seeing all the lights and whatnot...

.... oh wait. There is that large Castle about 20 minutes from my door that has some type of lights on it too, I wonder if its nice?

:P

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 08:07:53 AM »
You can also come to Germany and go to Phantasialand and ride some coasters and go to the Ice Bar!

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 09:03:16 AM »
Nice TR Sue!

Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 09:18:35 AM »
You can also come to Germany and go to Phantasialand and ride some coasters and go to the Ice Bar!

There's an Ice Bar on I-Drive about 15 minutes away from here...

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 05:44:11 AM »
There's an ice bar in FL?  Do they have a website?  I've always wanted to go to one ever since I saw it on The Amazing Race.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 11:13:54 AM »
I'm not sure how much longer it'll be around, everytime I drive by it's DEAD beyond belief. They closed a really good night club to make it the Ice Bar and according to some people that work in the business, it's barely bringing in 20% of the income the Club "Glo" was bringing in. So if you want to check it out, make sure you do this time. It's near Wonderworks on I-Drive...

http://www.icebarorlando.com/

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »
Damn, it costs $30 to get in?  No wonder it's always dead!

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:26 AM »
Yeah $30 to get in, then the over priced drinks once you get in there... It seems like something I'd like to try once, but I doubt I will. I moved down here to get away from ice.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 10:34:21 AM »
Nothing I'd like better than freezing my but off at a bar.
That is exactly why I'd go to Orlando.
I can't imagine what it costs to keep that thing frozen.
Now if it was up at a ski resort it might make a little more sense.

Offline paulbunyan

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »
It was disappointing that the Monorail and Kissing Tower were closed when they were supposed to be open.  Not sure why the Monorail was closed, but the sign at Kissing Tower said it was "closed due to cool temperatures".  We didn't buy that for one second since we've ridden it when it was MUCH colder than it was yesterday.

Nice lie, Hershey!

Seriously?  Wow.  That doesn't make sense.  Why would Hershey try to trick you and lie to you?  They always try to have the park open when advertised as open, and same for the rides.  They have nothing to gain by closing an attraction.  I'd also say im 99.9% sure that the Kissing Tower closes when temperatures reach below 32 degrees.  Just because the one day it may have been "MUCH colder" at 12 degrees and then the following day it was 29 degrees doesn't mean they might open it because 'oh, today is warmer than yesterday.'  By the way, at 100% of amusement parks across the country, the ride manufacturers set operating guidelines for their rides (ie: what temperatures it is safe and not safe to operate at, height requirements, etc), not the parks.  Of course, the parks can choose to not follow them, or alter them to increase safety (ie: manufacturer recommends that you need to be 53" to ride, park sets it at 59"), but that is entirely on them.

Try reading the fine print every now and then too: http://www.christmasinhershey.com/christmas_candylane/rides.php alllll the way at the bottom.  That's right.  Some rides will be closed due to weather, and you even apparently notified by a sign as evident by the picture. 

Either way, glad to see that you had a decent trip despite the closures of two rides.  Just my two cents from someone with season passes.