Industry > Trip Reports and Meeting Plans

WDW TR - Broadband recommended - Lots of photos

(1/2) > >>

WadeJ:
I'll just show some highlights of our recent DisneyWorld trip.

We stayed at the Corronado Springs Resort and Convention Center.  This wouldn't have been our first choice but my wife had a conference to attend there.

The group consisted of my wife and 2 kids as well as my mom and dad for part of the trip (to help while my wife was busy conferencing)

Here is the resort check-in:

View across the lake:

Lobby Fountain:

Lake at night:

My dad rented a Boston Whaler which my son LOVED:

It was actually a really nice boat:

I told him to say "cheese":

Kyle says "yo yo yo, wuts up man":

The first day we arrived was the LAST ever day for Tarzan Rocks at Animal Kingdom :( .  We made it into the 2nd to last performance.  The final performance was already sold out before we were able to exit the arena.  This show will be dearly missed.  Here is the arena filling to capacity for the show we saw:

Animal Kingdom has a GREAT parade:

Kilamajaro is awesome in the morning.  Tons of animals were out:

You can see the baby elephant in there:

This guy actually started to worry us.  He was literally running along side our truck! :

Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hours rock!  There was NOBODY at It's tough to be a bug! :

Usually its very hard to get a picture here because of the crowds:

3 year-old; Out cold.... 1 year-old; ready to go!

Now over to Magic Kingdom where we met up with Uncle Steve and Aunt Brenda:

Luke is yelling FASTER; Kyle is saying stop stop stop stop on the teacups:

You knew there had to be castle shots:

Can't take one without the other!

Here I am still attempting to learn my cameras night-modes:

This time the opposite happened; the 1 year-old was out cold:

Now over to Epcot.  Got to see the giant globe from Reflections of Earth float out.  Lucky timing I guess:

Fun street act over by France:

Epcot has some of the greatest landscaping of any theme park out there:

You can also checkout my Everest pictures here - http://gadvupdates.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=22&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Overall it was a great trip.  I'm not certain we'll be staying at this resort ever again.  It was VERY nice but not a good place for kids (although it did have one amazing pool area).

Some highlights of the trip was my 3 year-old going on Splash and Big Thunder Mountain (he is tall for 3).  He also went on Soar'n with us and loved them all.  It was also neat going on some of these rides with my dad who is getting to be a bit older now.  Thats what is so great about Disney World.  You can ride so many things together.

Thanks for reading!

ChuckR:
That hotel looks amazing! I really need to go down to Animal Kingdom next time I am down there.

GADVwow:
Thanks for the great pix and report.

Your little guys ar so cute! :)

Metsman.:
Thanks a lot for the update Wade. I'm starting to second-guess doing IoA as my Orland park this month  :?

BTW, your kids are so cute!  :D

OrlandoRocks:
Great Trip Report Wade !
Sounded like everyone had a great trip except for Cornado Springs.
What is your favorite hotel to stay at on Disney property ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version