Latest Updates > Park News

Changes to the Park for 2009

(1/8) > >>

jglonek:
So as we go over everything that we saw yesterday I wanted to create a post to let you guys know what changes have happened at Great Adventure and the Wild Safari for the 2009 season. Some of it isn't huge news, some of it I didn't even realize until just now. So here goes!

Note: This will be updated throughout the day. I'll make note of when we're done updating it. So keep checking back!

Great Adventure
- Medusa is now Bizarro.
- Main Street Treats is now M-PORIUM sponsored by M&M's
- There are automated ticket selling machines before the booths on the way in
- There is a new Cyber Cafe restaurant on Main Street, which is not open yet but will feature food and internet access.
- There is now a Cabana rental building next to Cabana Cove
- The Cold Stone on Main Street has gone from a small hut to a large building.
- Houdini is still there but not there. Ya know what I mean.
- The part of the Boardwalk games section by Twister has been removed and now features and indoor eating area as well as another Johnny Rockets.
- Tango is gone. Well, the sign is gone at least. So chances are it's gone as well.
- The Medusa bridge is new and open again!
- A sponsorship with Coke has allowed the placement of many coke-bottled shaped recycling cans around the park
- At the main season pass processing center you now enter your information into a computer instead of writing it on the back. So don't waste time in line writing on your pass papers like we did!
- There were costumed characters walking around all day, I hope that's a trend for the season
- The lights don't seem to be on the Big Wheel yet, but we might be crazy.
- Next to the Mega Putt in Fantasy Forest is now an indoor minigolf place.
According to Bubba this was there last year
- There seem to be more, or at least updated, speakers around the park
- There are many advertisements during the music now, discussing various things in the park.
- There are now announcements 15 minutes prior to shows starting on the audio system.
- There is wood covering the openings on Chiller's old tower. And according to the park map it's going to be X-PLORATORIUM: Interactive Laboratory. Nice!!
- Two rides in ltsp are now flower beds and no rides "exist" in golden kingdoms jungle land section. Yes, as on zero. None at all. So that's a total of another 7 with 5 of them being some of the best themed kiddie ride I've ever seen at a six flags. From Wade
- Oops, almost forgot - the train ride in the back of bbnp is also without a sign. From Wade

Wild Safari
- There is now a $29.99 Wild Safari-only season pass!
- There are two tours now available. One is a non-stop guided tour for $10/person plus tax. Another is a personal tour that lets you stop at certain animals, which is $34.99/person plus tax. Both can be signed up for, and leave from, Balin's Bazaar in the Golden Kingdom
- There will be an Animal Adventure Camp in the summer! As the description says "Kids age 6 to 12 can enjoy a week-long journey into the world of exotic animals, including dolphins, tigers, elephants, giraffes, monkeys and more. They'll have fun while they learn about animals and the importance of preserving their habitats through hands-on activities and exciting live animal presentations from animal experts. Go online to sixflags.com/greatadventure or call 732-928-2000 ext. 2076 for information! Space is limited. Camp runs 9am-1pm with 10 5-day sessions from June 22nd to August 28th. $299.99/person plus tax". That sounds great! Can I do it?
- There is now a Wild Safari birthday party! You can tours of the safari, food, cake, picnic area seats, and a drawing from Chloe the monkey!

Hurricane Harbor
- All the slides are freshly painted. Looks really nice.

Bubba Z:
The indoor glow-n-dark golf was there last year.

WadeJ:
Two rides in ltsp are now flower beds and no rides "exist" in golden kingdoms jungle land section. Yes, as on zero. None at all. So that's a total of another 7 with 5 of them being some of the best themed kiddie ride I've ever seen at a six flags. Glad Faith doesn't need a pass yet because she doesn't need to bother going now as all the true kid rides are gone now.

Oops, almost forgot - the train ride in the back of bbnp is also without a sign.
I sincerely hope these rides are safely put in storage with the hope of the economy turning arounf because a ton of folks are just a tad pissed.

Bubba Z:
Ride rotation project 2009. 

Millennium Force 44:
I noticed something minor: When you are exiting El Toro, the fence on the left (after you go down the stairs exiting the station) has about a foot of new wood at the top to extend the height of the fence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version