Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Six Flags Adds More Family-Friendly Entertainment  (Read 1255 times)

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
Six Flags Adds More Family-Friendly Entertainment
« on: February 16, 2006, 10:57:21 PM »
NEW YORK, Feb. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags (NYSE: PKS)
announced today that as part of its commitment to a family-friendly atmosphere and enhancing the overall guest experience in its parks, it will be adding 1,200 new costumed characters to Six Flags parks across North America.

Visitors to the parks will be able to participate in meet and greet sessions,
photo and autograph opportunities, daily parades, fireworks shows and other showcase events in the parks with their favorite Looney Tunes characters, including Bugs Bunny, as well as their favorite DC Comics' Super-Heroes from the JUSTICE LEAGUE, including BATMAN, ROBIN, THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN and WONDER WOMAN.  Six Flags will introduce character breakfasts and lunches, afternoon storybook readings and daily Happy 45th Anniversary cake celebrations for kids.  

And at the new Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Water Park in Lake George, NY there will be nightly bedtime stories with Bugs Bunny.

"The very best complete entertainment experiences are the ones that let kids' imaginations run wild.  Our season-long 45th Anniversary celebration, coupled with our Looney Tunes and JUSTICE LEAGUE characters, are enabling Six Flags to redefine its brand," said Mark Shapiro, Six Flags President and CEO. "Six Flags already has the best collection of thrill rides in the world. Our mission this year is to stretch the brand and improve the guest experience to deliver the best family entertainment package on the planet."

Six Flags is also enhancing guest service training and instituting policy
changes across its entire system, like its new non-smoking policy, that are
designed to enhance the overall park environment for guests of all ages.
Six Flags is the world's largest regional theme park company.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 08:38:16 AM »
Gee, 45th anniv. program  :roll:  

While I agree with these plans, that particular one might be pushing it a tad.   Next year I guess we'll have the 46th and so on and so on...

Taking advantage of the charactors is a GREAT idea though.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 12:02:30 PM »
Yeah, 45 isn't special enough for that.  They should hold off on the "celebration" word until 50.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel