Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: To FlashPass or not to FlashPass...  (Read 1394 times)

Offline scooterdoug

To FlashPass or not to FlashPass...
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:31:11 PM »
Hello everyone,
My name is Doug and I am new to this site.  I am doing a little coaster tour with my cousin in May.  This will be my second visit to Great Adventure, by last one being when Batman was the newest ride there.  We will be going to the park on Sunday, May 31.   On that day, there is a Ronald McDonald House "Walk With Ronald" fundraiser, with free entry for every pledge of $50 or more. So, this could very realistically drive up the crowds (though, we'll see how philanthropic people are in this economy).  So, we are obviously contemplating a Gold FlashPass (I have no idea when, if ever, I'll return) in order to maximize our day.  So, I have two questions:

1. Should I simply buy a Gold FlashPass online before I go, or wait until I get there and gauge the crowds before spending all that money?
2. If I wait to buy the FlashPass, is there any particular sign that any of you look for when deciding to buy the FlashPass (as in, "when such and such coaster's line is x minutes long, I know it's going to be a busy day")?

Thank you for any advice you knowledgeable people can give.  I'm really looking forward to visiting the park after all these years.  I'm especially looking forward to El Toro and Nitro (I'm such an airtime addict).  Thank you again.

-Doug

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: To FlashPass or not to FlashPass...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:12:09 PM »
Hello Doug, and welcome to Great Adventure Outpost!  I hope you find us to be the best Great Adventure fansite for your needs.

I always suggest that if someone isn't going to make it to the park often and wants to make sure they get the most out of their day that they definitely purchase a FlashPass.  Even a standard FP is worth the money since even though you still have to wait however long the queue for that particular ride, you can still do other things.  Since it's Memorial Day weekend, any FlashPass is an automatic need for an infrequent visitor.  I would wait to see the crowd though to see if it's worth upgrading to a Gold one, and that mostly depends on your budget and patience.

Purchasing it online is also recommended since if I remember the policy correctly, that does reserve a FlashPass for you, but only up to Noon.  After that, it is first come, first serve, and you can lose your FlashPass to another guest.

Good luck on your visit, and don't be a stranger!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 09:24:54 PM »
Welcome to Outpost!

For a once in a longtime visit, the gold is a must. With it being Memorial weekend, getting it ahead of time is an even better idea.

The only con I can think of for this is crappy weather. While you could still leverage it, it probably wouldn't be as needed on a rainy day. So I guess that mostly depends on your finances lol

Also, keep in mind that wind and or rain could close down some rides like Kingda Ka so definantely keep an eye on the weather.

Offline scooterdoug

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:42:49 PM »
Thank you so much for the advice.  I was definitely leaning towards getting the Gold FlashPass.  However, that weekend is not Memorial Day weekend, it's the weekend prior (Monday, May 25).  Would you still recommend the FlashPass?  Thanks again, your advice definitely helps.
-Doug

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 10:51:19 PM »
If you are just visting the park for one day, I would highly recommend a gold flash pass.  Why wait in lines when you don't have to?

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 11:56:31 PM »
Or....if you want to do the VIP program. ;) But definitely the gold flash pass all the way.