Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Greatest memory at six flags  (Read 7122 times)

Offline sagrr

Greatest memory at six flags
« on: February 21, 2006, 04:33:37 PM »
Whats yours?

Mine would have to be the first time I rode rolling thunder or the first (only) time I went on KK. Great times.... *sigh...

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 04:41:48 PM »
First time I rode Kingda Ka with dummies still on the train...

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 05:42:33 PM »
Ugh, so many! I'll give you my top 5, no order:

-Nitro sneak preview for SP holders. This was the 1st coaster in which I followed its construction on the internet, and I was scared to death ebfore even seeing it. When I did see it, matters just became worse. Awesome, awesome ride, and before then I was a noob, after that ride I was a full fledged enthusiast.

-My first ride on a looper, B:TR (June '99). For all my life I was in awe of looping rides. Like I was an enthusiast before ever riding coasters. My dad snuck me on, despite only being 50 inches. I was screaming to let me off all up the lift. After the ride, I raced to ride all the other coasters. First step in being an enthusiast.

-Opening day, 2003. I went with my mom and best friend at the time, and had a blast in the rainy weather. Park was empty as can be, so everything was walk-on. Had a blast.

-Riding B:TC the first day ever in which it had lap bars. I believe it was the Friday or Saturday of Memorial Day 2002. I waited 3 hours for it, got in front row. I had dreams of riding Chiller with lap bars for the whole winter, as I didn't get to ride Robin with it the year before. I actually had dreams of Chiller with lap bars, and I can still remember them clearly. I had those dreams as I never rode a looper with lap bars before, and just couldn't imagine how awesome it would be. Shortly after 1st ride, it closed, and then reopened, I ran inside, and got another ride on it in 5min.

-Mother's day 2000. My mom has always had serious problems with alcohol and drugs, and couldn't be at my school for a play my school was throwing for mother's day (not a play, it was a musical thing where people sang and crap). So, my dad let me skip school and we went to GADV where there were 0 waits. Thanks dad!

Offline sagrr

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 06:51:16 PM »
wow. You have like the coolest dad ever!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 08:54:10 PM »
Mine would be a tie between the two days for Kingda Ka's commercial shoot as a whole, and seeing El Toro get topped.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 10:08:18 PM »
Riding Sarajevo Bobsleds at night.
My Mom getting Blisters on Rmt from holding on to tight.
Monkey's tearing up the vinyl off the dodge dart.
Orange plastic drinks with the curly straws
40 laps on MTWE
First rides on Nitro, Chiller, KK

And recently DEC 8th, 20th and Feb 20th

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 10:12:55 PM »
^ What, no hanging out with Gregg and Kristi??? ;)  :P

- Riding Revolution at SFMM pre-OTSR days when it was a totally unbelievable ride and would still be in my top 10 of coasters period.

- Our TX trip in '04. SFAW, SFFT and SFOT (with Schlitterbahn thrown in for good measure).

- Getting in all coasters at SFGADV in 4 hours (including KK)
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 10:19:19 PM »
my bad ^ Using a q-bot for the first time and hanging out with Gregg and Kristi !!!! :lol:

Offline gadvrider2

• Koala Canyon
    • http://Gainsider.com
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 11:09:22 PM »
My favorite memory would have to be when I rode my first roller coaster ever GASM, and riding KK the day it opened to the public.

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 11:22:06 PM »
Riding my first coasters with Inversions : Medusa

And riding the first public train on Kingda Ka

Losing my keys on Superman Ultimate flight  :x

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 11:34:45 PM »
^Medusa is a floorless coaster, B:TR is a inverted coaster.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 06:53:43 AM »
And a Medusa is wood.

But I don't think he meant the one in Mexico!

http://www.rcdb.com/ig640.htm?picture=5

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 08:18:47 AM »
OHH so many now and when I was little remember going on RT when one side was backwards.

I remember walking the stairs to lighting loops and the way they shook

always going through the monkeys in the safari was a big thrill when i was little.

Oh, and of course  first rides on all the biggies KK ,Nitro ,Medusa etc.

BUT as a MOM I must say the kids make many memories for us. I remember my kids on all the rides when BBL was there and their first rides on major coasters for them at the time RT , RMT . My middle one never wanted to get off RT and RMT at one point i thought that they were the only rides in the park  :lol: .
So many memmories

can't wait for new ones this season .

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 09:38:51 AM »
I have a few more....

Getting stuck on B:TR for about a half hour....

BEing the first one on Robin in 2005 in the front row...

Me and my cousin being the only ones on RT and getting I think 6 consecutive front row rides without getting off.

The awesome construction tours of this awesome woodie!!

Being overlaunched on Kingda Ka and getting bruises on my legs from getting thrown out of my seat at the top!

If I think of more I will tell about it...

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »
I have way to many but, the one's that stick out the most are...

My very first visit and my first coaster ride which was on Big Fury..http://www.rcdb.com/id2899.htm .

Winning a Giant teddy Bear and then having it get soaked and super heavy from the pouring down rain while waiting for a friend's mom to pick us up. I ended up giving it away because friend's mom didn't want that huge wet stuffed toy in her car :(

Flirting with one of the divers from the Dive show back in 1983 and having him know me by name by the middle of the season. He was to old for me but he thought my little crush was cute lol.

My first RT and Lightening Loops rides..

My kid's first visits and, RT rides...

These media and tour oppertunities the PR girls have given me.

My brother losing his voice from screaming like a banshee on Lightening Loops and the fact that he was white as a ghost when we exited the train LOL.

Perhaps the one that sticks out the most right now and, with good reason, My last 5 Chiller B rides because they were my last rides with Steve U sitting beside me :(

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 07:25:48 PM »
Riding KK at Coaster Celebration last year

Nitro at night at Coaster Celebration

Being on first public train of Superman

First ride on Scream Machine(first looping) despite the pain that followed

First ride on Rolling Thunder, and making my uncle and dad ride with me again and again afterwards

Riding Rolling Thunder a lot in the morning without getting off

Riding Minetrain when I was little

Medusa really made me love coasters

Riding Log Flume at night with all my neighbors when I was little

So many more...
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 08:54:09 PM »
My greatest memory at the park would probably be my first ever trip to Great Adventure in 1990.  I still remember the excitement I had before we even go into the park.  The size of Scream Machine when we pulled in the lot entranced me and then hearing the roar of Shockwave when walking to the ticket booths.  These are images that I will never forget.  I don't recall my first rides on RT and RMT, and I was too short for GASM and SW, but I remember riding Freefall and the bobsled ride where the stunt arena is currently located.  I forget the name, but I remember the ride.  Also, on this trip I got to take my only ever ride on Lightning Loops, I remember vividly there being puke all over the the exit stairs. Ha!  My other greatest memory would probably be Coaster Celebration 4 with Meduse being new and also my first ride on Medusa in the Spring of 99 is something I won't forget.  Man, as I think of these, I keeping thinking of more and more great memories from the park.  I can't begin to express how apprciative I am of Great Adventure and don't know what I'd do without it!   :o   Here's to many more years of memories!!

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 09:34:21 PM »
Weatherman Dan Aimee and Nick all opping on Rolling Thunder night crew.

the king double ride during the 2nd to last week of FF.
Doing the wave while stuck on king a half hour after closing.

Lift hill number 2.  some of you guys know what im talking about.

man i really miss some of the old crew.

and of course.. the commercial shoot for king.  That was probably the best time i have ever had in the park.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 11:30:11 AM »
Ha, even though its been mentioned my best memory in the park has to be the KK commercial. I have never been so happy to get up at the crack of dawn two days in a row to go to a freezing amusement park and be told I can not get off the tallest fastest roller coaster in the world while the helicopter is flying feet from the tower.

Well, you twisted my arm, I guess I'll stay on guys, even just hanging out through the almost 8 hour breakdown the first day was amazing, being able to be in a part of the park most couldnt, wandering around great adventure all day long and still having somewhere to go if we wanted to take a break, free drinks, 2 SP's from the deal (I would have done it for free, ha)

But all the offseason construction tours we have went on are right up there with the commercial now. Hanging out with some great enthusiats, going to the park when there is snow on the rides, (the KK bunny hill covered in snow was quite a sight), getting to talk with Kristin and Angel and just having good times all around.

And of course every time I go to the park with friends is an amazing time, even if they dont like rollercoasters I can have a fun time just walking the park and soaking up the atmosphere.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 08:05:14 PM »
First ride on S:UF April 18th, 2003. Great day, was supposed to rain but held off and had an amazing time with a bunch of my friends with no lines. I remember the first time I rode S:UF I thought it was the best, then rode Nitro and slapped myself in the face.

Random day, 2003. Can't remember what day it was but I met up with around 9 or 10 of my friends and were rode til the park closed.

First day on KK after the breakdown, August 3rd?, 2005. It was the first day that Ka opened after the breakdown and I missed the original opening and I convinced my mom to drive me. None of my friends were able to come but I woke up at 6 a.m. I was so pumped and I ran to the KK queue. There I was actually next to a GAdv.com member (KK2601) and rode with him. We were the second train on Blueberry muffin and were off within 20 min of joining the queue. After that I went to chiller, got front row with no wait and then B:TR front row with no wait and left. It was the best hour and half day that you can have.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 10:03:32 PM »
Quote from: "SilverBullet"
First ride on S:UF April 4th, 2003. Great day, was supposed to rain but held off and had an amazing time with a bunch of my friends with no lines. I remember the first time I rode S:UF I thought it was the best, then rode Nitro and slapped myself in the face.

Random day, 2003. Can't remember what day it was but I met up with around 9 or 10 of my friends and were rode til the park closed.

First day on KK after the breakdown, August 3rd?, 2005. It was the first day that Ka opened after the breakdown and I missed the original opening and I convinced my mom to drive me. None of my friends were able to come but I woke up at 6 a.m. I was so pumped and I ran to the KK queue. There I was actually next to a GAdv.com member (KK2601) and rode with him. We were the second train on Blueberry muffin and were off within 20 min of joining the queue. After that I went to chiller, got front row with no wait and then B:TR front row with no wait and left. It was the best hour and half day that you can have.

S:UF opened on April 17th, 2003.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 07:43:17 AM »
Yeah, yeah, yeah, what ever. The second day it was open, the 18th. It was 3 years ago...can't remember that long ago.

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 03:19:14 PM »
The best memory would have to be the Kingda Ka commercial shoot. Riding Kingda Ka about 45 times in 2 days what awesome, but made me get a major headache!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 03:22:25 PM »
Same here.  I was tired and sore.  More tired and sore than I ever was in my life.  Three days later I refereed some soccer games and wow, the soreness came back.  I was really happy that I had three days to recouperate at that time.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline screammachinegirl

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 03:04:38 AM »
best memory would have to be first ride on a looping roller coaster, which happen to be lightening loops...i was so scared walking all the way up the steps to the top..loved the ride.