Industry > Miscellaneous Discussions

Suspended Coasters

(1/8) > >>

dkny6363:
I've noticed alot of talk lately about suspended arrow coasters. Especially BBW of course.

In the past year the BBW closed down, and Eagles fortress is currently closed for the year (I'm betting on for good.) All that remain are Vortex, Flight Deck, Ninja, Vampire, and the ever boring Iron Dragon. So what I'm wondering is with how popular these rides seem to be why doesn't S&S or another company bring back this model. The way it's going they will all be gone within 10-15 years. That would be a shame. You would think they could not only bring them back but improve on the design.
I complain all the time about the coaster selection at CW but at the same time I'm thankful that we have Vortex, I just wonder for how long.

Give me your thoughts on who could bring suspendeds back, and why nobody has so far. Is it cause they aren't gimmicky enough. Not thrilling to the eye? These are some of my reasons. Tell us some of yours.

GADVwow:
Do not mistake popularity with enthusiasts with popularity among parks' target demographics.  Flight Deck at Kings Island, for instance, rarely has a line and can usually be walked on on all but the busiest of days.  Yes, a suspended coaster is a great starter coaster for families with young children, but many of them are still intimidated by one.

Ride companies exist to serve their customers, who are the parks and park companies, not riders directly.  If there were an unsatisfied demand for such rides, B & M, for example, would have a model.  Oh, wait, they do.  They see their inverted rides as the improved model of suspended coaster.  And, in many ways, they are.

The old Arrow suspended coasters then become wonderful, historic anachronisms.  Fun to ride, appreciate they while they are here.  The day will come when all are gone.

Is it impossible that someone will begin building them again?  No.  Likely?  No.

B-mac:
technically the new suspended coaster is the inverted B&M model. What's better about them is that they can reach higher heights and have special track elements like loops and rolls, not just helixes. That and the excitement is brought out easier without the need for speed in the corners to make the suspended swinging coasters swing (lateral G's, am I right?).

Bubba Z:
Paging Matt please......

dkny6363:
I agree that B&M inverts are adveanced versions of suspendeds. But the things that make susp. great B&M's don't deliver.

The problem with suspended is that they need a nice terrain to make the ride. Nice terrain is hard to come by.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version