Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Beating Allegations At SFDK  (Read 861 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Beating Allegations At SFDK
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:06:00 AM »
...Despite what they say were outrageous actions by the guards, all of those park visitors wound up being the ones arrested, all of them accused of assaulting or battering a security guard.

And they're not the only ones: CBS 5 Investigates found a string of arrests, nearly a dozen going back more than two years, that experts now say raise serious questions about how security guards treat customers at Six Flags.

Norman Bates, a nationally-recognized security consultant and former professor of criminal justice who's helped write private security standards. "I have just have never seen anything quite like this," Bates said.

Especially, he said, the number of alleged assaults by guests, on guards. "Makes me really suspicious from the very beginning," Bates said. "What's going on here, why isn't security de-escalating these problems."

But Six Flags' public relations director Nancy Chan said there's an explanation: The guests did something wrong. Chan said, "In the cases you gave me several of them either assaulted one of our security, kicked, battery …"

But here too, CBS 5 Investigates found something else: The majority of the cases already resolved, six out of nine, were dismissed, or never even prosecuted. "To have, six out of nine of these assaults, the charges are dropped, it tells me that the whole thing is just trumped up, and it's not real!" said Bates....

http://cbs5.com/investigates/six.flags.beatings.2.1316956.html

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
Re: Beating Allegations At SFDK
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »
thats rediculous. what people cant go to a amusement park anymore without having to worry about getting a laceration on your leg from a ride or getting beat up by security for no reason. the amusement industy is gonna take a nose dive if all these occurances keep up.

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!