Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: RUMOR: Scream Machine Closing For Good July 1st  (Read 16348 times)

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
Re: RUMOR: Scream Machine Closing For Good July 1st
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »
AMERICA

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2010, 05:01:10 PM »
I should get the Youtube link for TEAM AMERICA, but I know no ones's gonna click it...

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2010, 08:17:47 PM »
I got my (possible) last ride on the front row of the red train last night.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2010, 03:19:46 AM »
Blackhand....was this all your doing?
Not this time lol. I actually didn;t find about about all these rumors or even the whole weber thing till like a week after it happened.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2010, 05:17:01 AM »
... I actually didn;t find about about all these rumors or even the whole weber thing till like a week after it happened.

You knew about the Weber thing a week before it happened?  I am quite impressed...to put it mildly.  I bet even Mark Shapiro didn't! :)

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2010, 06:23:26 AM »
... I actually didn;t find about about all these rumors or even the whole weber thing till like a week after it happened.

You knew about the Weber thing a week before it happened?  I am quite impressed...to put it mildly.  I bet even Mark Shapiro didn't! :)
Reread my post. I said after not before.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2010, 06:45:44 AM »
Ahhh...and I was so impressed...but didn't that say before before?  :)

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »
Got my final ride and shoulder bruises this morning!
There was a longer wait at GASM than El Toro, Ka or Nitro.
Strangely empty park this morning.
It looked line everyone was on line for Superman! And I never really understand that.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2010, 07:42:33 PM »
So they really are closing GASM down? it's strange that it has a line even on the day you're describing.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2010, 12:05:09 AM »
The park was so empty in the morning because all of our guests were trapped on the Turnpike with the sinkhole
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2010, 09:48:20 AM »
Ken you really need to start texting me. I seem to go tot the park everyday you do!!!!   I was wondering why Hurricane Harbor was so empty, that explains it all.  I never did make it over to the park side.  I was too tired from the Safari and the wave pool.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »
Got to the park around 1 because of the sink hold got off the turnpike and took a tour with the navi. but got to the park .. Longest lines were Superman and El Toro .. Rode ET but not Superman . GASM was walk on and I have to say after my ride please take it down .. Huge headache and black and blue on my leg from it ... Not sure if I could ride it more then once a year anymore .

BTW we did the whole park and were in the car by 7:30 or 8 the latest I dont know where everyone in the park was but there were no lines I say more then 40 min .

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »
Sink Hole Saturday!
At least that explains it..I was really getting worried.
I expected a 1/2 hour trip, but was having so much fun I stayed until 1:00PM.
There was some big concert going on in the Big Arena.

They were also setting up the fireworks on the barges.
Only the main barge had been set up and the barges didn't look much further back.
Sad to say it looks like the Guns and Roses may have been taken out of the song list.
For some reason I think they may be limiting the low to the ground fireworks.

Joe you know how I am about bringing my cell phone into the park!
As much as I would like El Toro to take my "wonderful" Storm 2.
I'll text you before I get to the park next time.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »
We went last night for some final GASM rides and even bought an on-ride photo which we hardly ever do.  Still hope it’s not happening, but…

Not happy about their cutting hours.  Last week the website showed 9 pm closing and yesterday it “magically” showed 8 pm.  I hate seeing moves like this, especially since they already have their operating hours in print on their brochures.  I know hours are always subject to change, but it’s still a shady move.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »
Ugghhh.   Bubba and I are heading up tonight.  Thanks for the heads up because that almost makes the trip pointless.

Offline RollingToro95

« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »
I honestly don't know why you people want GASM so bad. Just before this rumor, everyone talked about how much they hated it...

I'd be excited to see Chang come; and as for its similarity to Bizarro, the GP would be so infatuated with the whole standing up concept that they wouldn't notice the similarities. As long as they fill the tracks with sand so Bizarro's the only ride in the park with the B&M roar, I'd be fine. I just hope they theme it well, I've pretty much given up on the back of the Boardwalk's theming, so Webber should just theme it some how.

As long as it doesn't pertain to movies. That's Movietown.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2010, 10:44:54 PM »
If you think this management is going to fill Chang's rails with sand, you don't understand much about Al Weber.  Filling tracks with sand costs money and benefits revenue how exactly?

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »
I honestly don't know why you people want GASM so bad. Just before this rumor, everyone talked about how much they hated it...

Eh. I hate Superman more than GASM, personal preference though I guess :D

I think it's more of that the park wants to scrap a 21 year old iconic ride without any notice to the fans of it, and then replace it with a used, cheap coaster.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »
Eh. I hate Superman more than GASM, personal preference though I guess :D

I agree with you.  I'm not a fan of stand-up or flying coasters.  With GASM gone and Chang replacing it, I'll have no reason to even be in the Boardwalk section except for the occasional ride on the Parachutes.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2010, 11:49:23 PM »
As long as they fill the tracks with sand so Bizarro's the only ride in the park with the B&M roar, I'd be fine.

In addition to what Wow said, what about it's neighbor Superman, as well as Nitro and Batman? I think they beg to differ.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2010, 12:06:50 AM »
I don't get how some of you think GASM is an iconic ride. Magnum would be a good example of an iconic ride from that time period. I don't see these two in the same ballpark.

Superman may be bad for B&M but it's still a decent ride. I bet if it was walk-on all the time you'd all like it more.

I intend not to offend by this, but I find it hillarious how you all complain about getting chang. Also how all your coasters are 54". From my perspective it's like listening to a rich kid complain about only getting a Lexus for his 17th birthday, when he got a lambo for his 16th birthday. SFGA has one of the greatest collection of coasters on the planet, and adding chang and scaping Gasm increases that collection. Chang would be the 3rd, or 4th best coaster at most parks. At yours it's the 6th, or 7th! I get you have no flats, and I get there are no "intermediate" coasters. Well my parks got tons of both, and all we ever talk about is how we have so few great coasters. Wanna make some trades? We offer a wild mouse, and an enterprise for Kingda Ka. Or how about a stunt coaster, and a Jump 2 for El Toro. I guess it's one of those the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence things. But believe me when I say this... SFGA has a sweetass lawn. ; )
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:08:58 AM by dkny6363 »

Offline jimmybjammin

• Raja's Rickshaws
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2010, 07:46:29 AM »
Superman may be bad for B&M but it's still a decent ride. I bet if it was walk-on all the time you'd all like it more.
For me, yeah, I only like superman when it's a walk on. That and batman are tough to wait 45min for, same for GASM. Everything is better as a walk on to me..
Wanna make some trades? We offer a wild mouse, and an enterprise for Kingda Ka. Or how about a stunt coaster, and a Jump 2 for El Toro.
If you want to play let's make a deal, I'll only trade Kingda Ka for Volcano: The blast coaster.. but it needs their smurf mountain as the volcano, it's a package deal. Flight of Fear with a few flats could be a substitute, but others will benefit from that far more than me.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2010, 08:44:14 AM »
Dkny, I'd say it's more like the rich kid saying that it makes no sense to get the Lexus when he already has a car in a Lambo, and in reality he needs his teeth fixed and money for books in college. It's not about being spoiled, it's about misplaced priorities.

Offline RollingToro95

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2010, 09:37:26 AM »
I don't get how some of you think GASM is an iconic ride. Magnum would be a good example of an iconic ride from that time period. I don't see these two in the same ballpark.

I intend not to offend by this, but I find it hillarious how you all complain about getting chang. Also how all your coasters are 54". From my perspective it's like listening to a rich kid complain about only getting a Lexus for his 17th birthday, when he got a lambo for his 16th birthday. SFGA has one of the greatest collection of coasters on the planet, and adding chang and scaping Gasm increases that collection. Chang would be the 3rd, or 4th best coaster at most parks. At yours it's the 6th, or 7th! I get you have no flats, and I get there are no "intermediate" coasters. Well my parks got tons of both, and all we ever talk about is how we have so few great coasters. Wanna make some trades? We offer a wild mouse, and an enterprise for Kingda Ka. Or how about a stunt coaster, and a Jump 2 for El Toro. I guess it's one of those the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence things. But believe me when I say this... SFGA has a sweetass lawn. ; )

EXACTLY. Guys, we should appreciate this. Now, all of our coasters are a bit unique. Think about it: You can ride our coasters standing up, flying, with a floor, without a floor, indoor, outdoor ; we have everything. And now, with the (sort of) exception of Rolling Thunder, all of our coasters are smooth (B:TR, ehh). We'll have one of the best coaster collections on this Earth.

And guys, if we get Chang, I'm willing to bet that we'll get a bunch of new flats to go with it. Chang is just the anchor, like Medusa was for the War on Lines. We're not just getting Chang, or getting Shapiro flats, we're getting a reinvented park.

And, I bet if we play our cards straight, we might get that 5D in 2012.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2010, 10:47:37 AM »
IF this is all true goodbye GASM I will miss my headaches and awsoeme rides with you