Great Adventure Boards > Great Adventure Trip Reports and Meeting Plans

Six Flags Great Adventure PTR July 23, 2010

<< < (3/4) > >>

KI Kevin:
Haha. I really miss riding Chang and it being 2 hours away. Just another of going back to GAdv (as if El Toro wasn't enough)!

Steve:
Welcome to the site! Great PTR.

I must say though, you just missed Superman. It opened around 6 this evening.

Millennium Force 44:
First off, welcome to the site! Thanks for sharing the trip report! It was nice to hear what other enthusiasts have to say about Great Adventure and their rides.... I mean coasters.
I agree with you, as most people do, Top Thrill Dragster is certainly a better ride than Kingda Ka. You basically covered all the reasons why TTD is the winner. The only better aspect of KK is that second hill with the nice airtime, but is not substantial enough to make it the better ride.
As for El Toro, it is certainly an amazing ride. You may get some sour feelings for El Toro over here, not to mention any names (AVMatt :P ), but we are all entitled to our own opinions. The first drop in the last row is definitely an experience that will take your breath away. As much as I love El Toro, I do like some other wooden roller coasters better. I just rode the Voyage for the first time this season, and WOW is that coaster unreal. I like the "real" wooden coaster feel that it provides, along with the extremely long layout, the tunnels, quick direction changes, and of course the abundance of airtime. Anyway, the main reason El Toro just doesn't beat the Voyage and a few other wooden coasters for me is because it is all anticipation. What I mean is that when I am riding, I am just anticipating each airtime hill. All the parts in between are overlooked and just don't deliver anything, lowering the quality of the entire ride experience. This is just my opinion, but I certainly do not take El Toro for granted for having it in my home park. I cannot visit the park without taking a ride on the bull.
Anyway, welcome again to the site and thanks for the great trip report.

Ogolo:
El Toro has been crazy in this hot weather.  Extremely fast in the final twister section where it can loose some of that wow.

jimmybjammin:
Welcome and thanks for the trip report, I enjoyed reading it and agree with a lot of your comparisons, I like the pics and needed a few for my collection so I hope you don't mind. ;) I can give you KI or CP pics. :D In fact I'll be back at KI for Halloween.

As for rolling thunder.. You did the right side didn't you? You took the WRONG train, the left side is the best so I can see exactly what you said for the right side. And for load times on Nitro.. it was a bad day. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version