Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: So....  (Read 733 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
So....
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:03:08 PM »
Al Weber & Co. took over mid-season from Messrs Snyder and Shapiro.  Capex was in place, pricing set, marketing determined.

What for next season:

* What pricing for season passes?  Will they continue to be honored chainwide?

* What pricing for gate admission?  What about in park offerings such as food and merchandise?  Parking?

* What direction will capex go?  How much?  Family?  Thrills?  Mostly waterpark?

* Mr. Six a goner?

* Mr. Weber a keeper or a goner?

What say ye?

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Re: So....
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:32:46 PM »
Hmmm,

My ideal world would have cheaper season passes that are for one park only, and then a more expensive one that works everywhere. I know Cedar Fair does that, I'm not sure what Paramount used to do. But I think it would work out well.

I would hope gate admission prices do not go up, but who knows. They might be looking at Orlando and getting ideas. I'm not sure anyone would spend $80 to get into SFGA for one day, though. Although it does kind of bother me that right now they advertise that Play Pass as "pay for one day, get the rest of the season free!"

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to entice more people to do preferred parking next year, what with the parking lot being eaten by Chang and all. Maybe they will finally offer season pass preferred parking? I know it's an option on their machines when they make the passes (or was, at least).

I have no idea how the business partners will go in terms of in-park merchandise/food and promotions. Every year there is more.. has anyone ever seen how much it's making the company? How much money are they getting off of these ads stuck on our poor trains?

I don't know if we are going to head towards thrill or family more. Honestly I would hope a bit more in the thrill direction, as four themed children's areas is more than enough, especially with all the flats lost recently.

I do hope they keep Mr. Six. Or at least try to phase him out while bringing in something else.

As for Al Weber.. has anyone even heard from him since he took the CEO job? He's definitely not as chatty as Shapiro was. I wonder if that means he A) cares more about his bottom line than the customers, or B) doesn't plan on staying around long.