Industry > Six Flags News

And the change continues

(1/2) > >>

GADVwow:
Today, SIX sent an innocent looking email to its interested recipients, announcing a new CFO and a new General Counsel.  Both come from exactly the same background as the new CEO, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics and prior to that, Dade Behring Inc.  The executive bio for the new CFO says, in part, that he:

--- Quote ---...negotiated and led the company through a debt restructuring and entry into the public equity market. He was instrumental in realigning the company’s cost structure, leading to significantly improved profitability, cash flow and debt profile overall....
--- End quote ---

I consider this the most significant news to come from Six Flags since the appointment of James Reid-Anderson as CEO.  Much can be learned about where this company is headed from reading the bios of these three gentlemen and divining what is in common betweenst them.

http://investors.sixflags.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=61629&p=irol-govManage#Duffey

GADVwow:
And Jeffrey Speed has left to "pursue other opportunities."

rjholla2003:
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$. Take that how you will...

Blackhand1001:
I really hope six flags gets out of this trouble because I feel this takeover really has done more damage then good so far. They finally had some levelheaded management and they sent them packing.

GAcoaster:
The new management is no better or worse than the old, just different. Looking at the history of the park, everything goes in cycles. Each change in ownership and management put their own stamp on the company and park with their own priorities.

Each team brings in its own people with their own idea of what the mission of the company is.  They try "their" way of doing things and if it works, great, if not they go back to the way things used to be.  Look at the team that just left (Shapiro and crew) and all the things they thought the Premier team did wrong (discounting tickets, Mr. Six, etc.) and how they got rid of all that, then quickly brought it all back.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version