Other Stuff > Anything Goes

Looking for a Full Time Job

<< < (2/2)

overlord:
My senior design project is all HVAC actually, and according to your description, my group is actually doing a job that sounds similar to what you do as we build our project. Graduate school is also an option for me so that I become more marketable. As far as the FE, I haven't taken it but if you think that will make an improvement on my worth essentially, then I will certainly have to look into it.

AV Matt:
Dude, DEFINITELY take it NOW. Trust me, if you don't take it now, there will come a time that you want to take it so you can work towards getting your Professional Engineer license, but you won't remember any of the material from college. I was all set to take it in college, then something came up and I missed the deadline, and now seven years later I'm kicking myself for never taking it.

You don't have to be a licensed engineer to be an engineer (many practicing engineers are not licensed). But every employer wishes all of their engineers were licensed. It allows you to have more responsibility and not rely on other engineers to certify your projects. And you'll get paid more. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version