Industry > Six Flags News

Papa John's Says Bye-Bye to Flags

(1/4) > >>

GADVwow:
And I, for one, say good riddance:

--- Quote ---... The franchised restaurant closings included 11 non-traditional units located in Six Flags theme parks in connection with our decision not to renew our sponsorship agreement. The remaining four Six Flags units will close in the first quarter of 2011....
--- End quote ---

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/press-release/pzza_papa-john-s-announces-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-2010-results-1508739.html

AV Matt:
They'll just replace it with more crappy pizza. They need some authentic boardwalk pizza. Mac's serves the masses with way better product for less cost and seems to profit just fine. 

GADVwow:
Mac's is awesome, but Mac's does not have to pay Six Flags rent...

And prior to Papa John's, Great Adventure actually had competing pizza vendors on site, and some of it was quite good....

B-mac:
The only thing I gave Papa John's credit for was their cheesy bread, and even that was like $7.

WadeJ:
I agree. The cheesy bread was the deal of the park for what you got lol.

The only disappointment for me will be the loss of the $40 family deal. A large pie, jug of soda with 4 cups, bread sticks and a bowl of salad I think was really a bargain for a theme park. Yes, the pizza could have been better but at least it filled us all.

But yes, good riddance. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version