Industry > Industry News

Kentucky Kingdom could open by 2012

(1/3) > >>

B-mac:

--- Quote ---Workman says he’ll ask the legislature for approximately $20 million in January. He thinks Kentucky Kingdom could draw as many as 750,000 visitors next year and provide employment for many people.
--- End quote ---

For the hilarious typo

--- Quote ---He says it will take a total investment of about $50 to bring the park back to life.
--- End quote ---
http://www.wfpl.org/2011/06/21/workman-says-deal-close-to-reopen-kentucky-kingdom/

In all honesty I'm ecstatic that the park could be opening again.

nitrorox1414:
This would be good for Six Flags. I hope this could happen.

Edit: I didn't know that. whoops.

Bubba Z:
^ Six ? As in Six Flags. They want nothing to do with this park anymore. They grabbed up Chang and split.   

Ed Hart has an agreement with the fair board to operate the park if funding is secured. This never happened last year.  He wanted to open the park in two phases. First by opening the water park, then adding another coaster to replace Chang the following year.  There are several  videos on you tube about his plans to reopen the park. .  Hopefully this year they will give him the 50mil. 

dkny6363:
Is anyone else happy that HW backed out of this?

AV Matt:
I don't think it matters too much. I think Holiday World would have continued to outgrow and overshadow Kentucky Boardwalk (whatever it was going to be called). The Louisville thrill seekers go to Kings Island already. Holiday World will never be able to get a majority on that market. I don't see how it could ever exceed Kings Island, at least in the next 20 years anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version