Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Opening day predictions...  (Read 3481 times)

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Opening day predictions...
« on: March 28, 2006, 07:45:24 AM »
What are yours?

Coasters:
Kindgda Ka: Delayed opening 2 trains, one side
Nitro: Delayed opening 2 trains
GASM: 2 trains
S:UF: 2 trains
Medusa: Delayed opening 2 trains
El Toro: Closed
RT: Closed
Blackbeard's: Closed
RMT: 1 train
B:TR: 2 trains
Freefall: closed
Chiller: Closed

All water rides closed
Spinmeister: open
EruPtion:Closed

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 08:35:14 AM »
I'm sorta with you.  Except, remove the word delayed from all of them.  The park is opening at 5PM.  Not only is it opening day but they have ALL day to prepare the rides and have them ready to go.  All of these rides have been testing for 2 weeks or more now.

Freefall should be open as should the Log Flume.  Spin Meister is a big  :?:  as it was still in rehab last I checked.

RAMT should be running 2 trains unless they really feel the need to short us one perfectly good train and leave it on the transfer.

As for Chiller, not even operations knows that right now.  BOTH sides could be open, or just Robin, or just Batman, or not at all.  It depends on how cooperative it is over the next couple of days with wrapping up its rehab (ie LIM replacements).

I seriously feel that nearly all rides will be open and running at close to if not full capacity.  I also think we will likely be able to preview BBNP by walking through or at least very close to it just like GK last year.

edit:  I forgot to add that I think you are right on Kingda Ka running 2 trains though I don't think it will be delayed on opening.

Good topic.  It will be interesting to compare our posts to see who was closest :)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 08:41:03 AM »
Why would Blackbeard's be close ?  The park also opens at 5,  so I see no delays what so ever. If there is a delay,  the coaster I would have picked would have been S:UF.  I also think we will see water in all the rides and Free Fall open.  Remember 45,000 free tickets and a new management team.  I  really think they want to impress us. We shall see in 3 days.

* Edit .Man I type slow , I agree with Wade

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 08:45:26 AM »
ha, to be honest, I forgot about blackbeards lol  It BETTER be open or my 3 year old is going to be really mad!

I'm not so sure about PSP, Congo or MTWE Bubba.  I guess they could open them in limited capacity but after seeing how many rafts and boats are laying backstage, I'm not so sure.  I guess anything is possible.  Esp if the rides have already been testing and its just a matter of transferring them to the ride.

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 08:51:42 AM »
I think they will be filled , running not so sure either. I think people would rather see water than an empty lagoon filled with leaves. It just makes the park look dirty. Hey if SFA, can do it why not us, in fact they have their splashdown running on opening day when it's 50 degrees out.

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 09:05:10 AM »
Yeah, they did, and people were on it.  People are nuts.  I just wish they had the Sea Coaster running, never been able to catch a ride on that.

I look forward to all the coasters and flats running (except those in the construction areas), just maybe not to full capacity.  The park is out to impress this weekend, so I can't see them not being prepared.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 09:46:31 AM »
^One time Nate out of 7 visits to ride the Sea coaster, maybe things will be different there too!!  Hopefully they have more than Roar, Wild One and Mind Eraser running on opening day!!  OK, back on Topic!

Opening Day Predictions  continue ............

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 01:58:05 PM »
RMT: Open (2 trains)
Medusa: Open, 2 trains
Nitro: Open, 2 trains
Superman: Open
Batman: Open
Chiller: No idea, I've heard so many things
GASM: Open 2 trains
KK: Open but not 4 trains
Log Flume: Possible, I'm leaning towards open
BBNP: Open, but not everything at once (rotating ops)
Spinmeister and Flying Wave: Closed
Freefall: Open

Pretty much everything open other than construction and things not finished up with rehab, although maybe water rides for weather.  I see no reason for anything to have a delayed opening.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 02:12:29 PM »
The only rides I see being down this weekend is maybe Chiller and of course RT and Toro.

I see Ka only running two trains all weekend. As for water rides, I really don't see the need for them to open up Congo and MTWE opening night. But they can run Log Flume and PSP, but please dont have those jet things that people put quarters in to soak people!  :lol:

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 09:50:30 PM »
I don't know and I don't care.

All I know is going to Great Adventure opening day ALWAYS makes me happy.  I can use some happy right now.

I'll be there.

It's opening day at Great Adventure.

Of course I will be there.

With bells on.

As I was on opening day at Six Flags Over Georgia and at Paramount's Carowinds and as I intend to be at Paramount's Kings Island.  Of all these parks, going to Great Adventure always, always, always makes me happy.

That's why you people either get to put up with me, or have to put up with me.

No, it won't be the same without one Steve U, but the park is the park.  As Steve always said, going to Great Adventure is like visiting the Theatre of the Absurd.  I see the weirdness of operations there as comical, strange and unfathomable.  I know some of the problems they encounter there that other parks don't have to deal with.

Now, where IS that season parking pass line, any way?

And now you know why my name is...GADVwow!

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 09:56:57 PM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
I'm sorta with you.  Except, remove the word delayed from all of them.  The park is opening at 5PM.  Not only is it opening day but they have ALL day to prepare the rides and have them ready to go.  All of these rides have been testing for 2 weeks or more now.

I was thinking Saturday...my bad.

I don't see any water rides open. It's going to be in the 50's for the most part.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 08:45:02 AM »
All I know is going to Great Adventure opening day ALWAYS makes me happy. I can use some happy right now.

Amen!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 10:15:56 AM »
It's so weird to me thinking of the excitement of "Opening Day".

I equate Opening Day to things like baseball, not parks. I guess that's what you get for living in SoCal all of your life.

Honestly I think it adds to the excitement knowing that you only have a few months.

Have fun everybody, wish I could be there with you.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/