Great Adventure Boards > Great Adventure Trip Reports and Meeting Plans

Stew's 3 Hour Opening Night Trip Report

<< < (2/2)

WadeJ:
Those are amazing shots!  btw- I think I might be passing that picture of Nitros station along.  Thats pretty bad.  Actually, its awlful.

SilverBullet:
^The ghetto station of Nitro's is legendary though. Have you seen Goliath's(SFoG), now that is a sleek station.

stew560:
Be my guest! The rust is just looking horrid. It wouldn't be so bad if just the sign was rusted, that could give it character, but he stains running down are the bad part.

Bubba Z:
I've pointed that out before about Nitro's sign,  but like Stew said,  a lot of people think that the Rust gives it some character.

stew560:
Ok, A real TR for Saturday!

Day 2: 2 Hours of Bliss!

So I had grand plans of waking up early and getting there for the rope drop at 8am. BAH! I opened my eyes to see the clock at 8:05 and was like...oh well. I rolled out of bed and eventually got in the shower, and managed to get to the park by 9.

I arrive at the toll plaza and go right to the Season parking line. I roll up, point to my sticker (which I decided to tape to the inside of my rear window) and they wave me through! I hope this stays an acceptable policy, because I am really against the idea of a sticker on one car. Anyway...

I pull in and they direct me to a parking spot again. I REALLY like this system. It keeps the parking organized. My only complain here is that there is no special Season Pass Parking area like last year when they let us park in the Preferred Lot. And let me tell you, even when I left the Preferred Lot was 75% empty.

Anyway, My main reason for coming to the park today was to take pictures. So I whip out my camera and I am ready to start snapping.

I make my way into the park, and easily through security. (Everyone was VERY friendly today!) I then head on back to El Toro. I wanted to get some pics of this thing! On my way, I take a few pics here and there of the Streetmosphere Actors and Characters.

Then I see it. For the first time Up close in daylight, the beast, El Toro! Wow! What a sight! I took a bunch of pics of this thing, It just kept working it for the camera!

Then I decided to head on over to the Bridge for a few more pics, where I ran into "Psycho4SixFlags". We talked for a bit and he was off to RMT, and then I hit up Medusa for some pics.

After getting a few good shots of Medusa (Including one with Psycho4SixFlags on it!) I headed over to RMT. Coming off RMT was David Jr. I stopped to talk for a bit and then headed up to the station.

Wow! What a difference the new restraints make! I do feel they don't fit right on me, as they fall a little higher on my belly, rather than my lap, but they are 1000% better than the old ones! So off we roll onto the ride. I was alone in the back row, and there were only a few people in the front of the train. (Did I mention how dead the park was?) RMT really shocked me! It was still a little rough in parts, but who knew it had Airtime! Especially the drop out of the MCBR and the Drop Towards the lake! Plus, I love the new paint job! It goes VERY well with the trains!

So after RMT, I decided to head on over to BBNP for some pics. As I got over there I noticed that nearly all the rides were open! I grabbed a couple pics of the Balloons (That looks like fun! I'll be on it in a few years with  my little one!), Airplanes, and Conestoga Wagons.

After BBNP I headed back up toward the GK, stopping again at the ET site to grab a few more pics. There I ran into another enthusiast who I heard talking about what he heard on the internet. Me being me, introduced myself and we chatted about El Toro for a bit. His wife, mentioned that he spends all his time online trying to find out information on El Toro. I found that a little funny! ;)

After ET, I headed further into the GK for some pics of the Tigers and then, around 10am people started flowing toward KK for it's opening. I had noticed it cycling earlier, but decided to avoid it as I got my ride in last night.

I headed over to the Boardwalk, and noticed that the SP line was much shorter this morning, as well as the new cables sitting next to ErUPtion. I then decided to head on over to the other side of the park for the first time this season.

So after a walk down to the lakefront and across that to Skull Mountain, I took a gander over by Batman and grabbed a couple of shots, then I noticed the empty stairwell on Nitro! Score! So I headed over there for a walk-on Back Row, Right Seat ride! Plus I spotted CoasterSue there and gave her a "Hi" as her train was leaving the station. Nitro was smooth and wonderful as ever!

After Nitro, I headed on over towards Freefall and Chiller. I grabbed a pic of the ">45<" in front of Freefall, and then took some pics of Chiller. What? Empty rows? DOUBLE SCORE! So I headed on in the queue. The attendant at the gate wanted to check my height, so I limbo'd under it! (At least they are trying to have fun!)

Chiller's queue had the sound effects working, but the theming in the queue (The Lights outside) looked like garbage. It was broken, and just looked bad. Inside the queue, the walls were repainted (again) so no graffiti. Then once inside the station, I noticed NO WAIT! I look at the front row and it was only 3 train wait! So I head on over there.

Then a funny thing happened. There was this couple in front of me, must have been about 17 years old. Then Chiller Launches, and the guy flips out. "OH NO WAY! I AIN'T GOIN' ON THAT!" The girl and I just started laughing. She tried calming him down, and then I said to him "Hey, once you do this, you can do Kingda Ka!" He was all "Not a chance!" Once he finally got on the ride, and came back, he was real funny! He was happy and scared all at the same time!

Anyway, I got on the front and it was Hella Sweet! I forgot how much fun that one is up front! Great Hangtime, and great view! And the lapbars, I love them so much. I know they are nothing new, but they still are the best thing that ever could have happened to that ride!

So with that, it was 11:00 and I had to head out to meet my wife. I start heading out, and decided I wanted a Churro. I headed over to the stand near Houdini and waited as the Taiwanese employee figured out how to count change for 5 minutes for the couple in front of me. I then ordered my Medium Orange Soda and Churro, paid and was out of there!

After walking to my car I headed over to the construction area, and that's when I got a few more pics before heading out.

Overall Saturday was a much better day for me. I got the pics I was looking for, and the rides were an extra bonus!

As I posted before you can view my pics here: Stew560's Flickr

Thanks for reading! And I'll see you at the park!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version