Industry > Miscellaneous Discussions

Amusement Piers damage from Sandy

<< < (5/5)

rjholla2003:
I thought that Jet Star staying in the ocean, only because it's seaside, is actually a strangely fitting memorial. Key word: Memorial. I think "tourist attraction" was a mis-speaking by the mayor, as that degrades it and makes tacky. It kind of sums up the fun that people had pre-Sandy, the devastation that it brought to the shore, her power, and how far Seaside will have come from that in the future.

Alas, it isn't meant to be, between many people not thinking like I do, as well as environmental concerns. Now I just wonder...how do you get a roller coaster out of the ocean?!

Robert T Ackerman:
Can't they get a large helicopter to somehow get it on to the beach at least, and then work on it by hand from there?

rjholla2003:
I would imagine that it would be too heavy for that kind of job.

overlord:

--- Quote from: Frissbeking on November 29, 2012, 08:37:13 PM ---Can't they get a large helicopter to somehow get it on to the beach at least, and then work on it by hand from there?

--- End quote ---

It would probably fold up like a piece of paper since I am sure the structure has been weakened beyond repair. They will probably deconstruct most of the visible portions then potentially air bag lift it to shore. I mean thats how they salvage ships from the bottom after all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version