Great Adventure Boards > Great Adventure Chit Chat

Convinced that Nitro hits max speed at bottom of second drop

(1/5) > >>

Blackhand1001:
I've always thought that Nitro actually hits its top speed of 80mph at the bottom of its second drop. The bottom of the first drop is elevated about 15 feet in the air. I checked the elevation under the bottom of the first drop and the elevation of after the second drop and theres about a 20ft difference in elevation. This drop literally skims the ground. That means the bottom of this drop is about 35ft lower than the first. This would also explain why the picture was originally located after the second drop.

Anybody else have thoughts on this.

AV Matt:
Is the height of the ground the same under both drops?

AV Matt:
T's definitely possible to have a higher speed on the second drop if the combination of the initial speed at the top of the second hill plus the potentialspeed from the height of the second drop alone is greater than the two values for the first drop. If we know the heights of the two hills and are fairly certain about length of drop for both hills, we can calculate a theoretical max speed at the bottom of both hills. 

Bubba Z:
My head hurts AV. All I know is to squeeze  your buttcheecks in the helix.

B-mac:
This certainly is more possible than the speed of 97 mph Kings Dominion advertised for Intimidator 305 before the trims were added to the first drop. If I remember right it's only possible for it to hit 93 mph max :B

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version