Industry > Trip Reports and Meeting Plans

TR: Coastermania 2013

<< < (5/6) > >>

Edwardo:
I have. I love Thunderbolt :-).

AV Matt:
B-mac and whomever else... how do I get my Coaster-Count banner to show up in my signature here?

AV Matt:
Never mind. I figured it out after looking at B-mac's profile.

Edwardo:
Bump for the TR.

Edwardo:
And the belated PTR:

Well, this is definitely different than when i was here in 2007.

I really love what they did with Ocean Motion.

I didn't even bother on this trip.

This ride is so great.

It was still down when I was there. Boo!

Blue Streak model.  Blue Streak felt very Phoenix-esq this trip.

People complained when it left, but I'd take Maverick any day over this.

Smoother than the real thing.

Another coaster I didn't ride on this trip.  It could definitely be a rival to SFoT if they Rocky Mountained it.

LOL.  Closed.

Meh.  I have a better 300' coaster close to me in Virginia.

Glorious Airtime!

Is it more fun when your friend hollars out "Everyone GET  the guy in the GREY Shirt!!!" before the cars start?

Stupid cloudy day.

I could not for the life of me get the train centered.

See??!?

Still one of the best flats out there.

They really did a great job with the new entrance and Gatekeeper plaza.  Now if only they'd do something with Magnum's queue.

Skyline from the Ferris Wheel.

I'll never forget my first trip to CP, it was in 2004, and TTD was having so many issues.  I was one of the few lucky ones that got that credit on the first try, and I didn't wait for 4 hours to do it (but I did wait for about an hour each time).

Future dark ride?

The Edmund Fitzgerald on the far right was quite good.

Matt Oimett needs to roll out the new nite time show from Cedar Point to all of the larger, top performing parks like KI, KD, Carowinds, CW, and Knotts.  It was absolutely insane, and very well done, with a dance party/club after the show till closing.  We stayed and partied for a bit after the show.  And they serve drinks.

Coasters by the beach.

Magnum still kicks butt.  And it didn't dislodge any kidney stones this time, so, yay.

Seriously, I love me some Blue Streak, but it was running very well this year.  Better than ever.

The new highly modern and very well done entrance.

Stupid ride op wouldn't let me ride.  I was trying to push my OTSR down, it was bumping against my jacket with my camera in the pocket, but he made me get off, and there were still people boarding.  T'was rude too.  Oh well.  I've ridden it plenty of times, so whatever.  I could have went back later, but we missed ERT.

It's so purdy at nite.  I wish I'd gotten a nite ride, got a few rides that morning, and still love it, but I like I305 better.

Raptor ran well as usual.

The whole park is just framed with coasters now.  I love it.

I still love me some CP, and hope that it doesn't take 7 years to get back this time, though this was the 10th anniversary of my first visit.

Oh, and they've just remodeled the Motel 6 nearby, and it's actually very clean and modern, with no carpet on the floors, and very comfy.  I don't usually cheap out on motels, but it was the only thing that had vacancy that weekend, and I'd definitely stay again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version