Latest Updates > Outpost News

Website Status

<< < (3/4) > >>

jglonek:
I noticed even History's forums are not as active of late.

And true story, we had a new version of this website ready to go last year, hit a snag with making the forum accounts work with other parts of the site, and then Wade's webhost ate it all when it crashed. Neither of us had good backups. It makes me sad.

WadeJ:
How about for now, we simply get the forums upgraded to the latest SMF boards so that we can re-open registration and not deal with bots?  I know it will mess up the front page and we'll need to disable it but at least then user accounts, passwords and all threads can be saved and the boards can be unlocked again.

edit - BTW Jerry, fix your avatar so that it doesn't take 30 seconds to finish loading the page lol

jglonek:

--- Quote from: WadeJ on May 06, 2013, 04:22:50 PM ---How about for now, we simply get the forums upgraded to the latest SMF boards so that we can re-open registration and not deal with bots?  I know it will mess up the front page and we'll need to disable it but at least then user accounts, passwords and all threads can be saved and the boards can be unlocked again.

edit - BTW Jerry, fix your avatar so that it doesn't take 30 seconds to finish loading the page lol

--- End quote ---

Be careful what you wish for!

WadeJ:

--- Quote from: jglonek on May 07, 2013, 11:07:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: WadeJ on May 06, 2013, 04:22:50 PM ---How about for now, we simply get the forums upgraded to the latest SMF boards so that we can re-open registration and not deal with bots?  I know it will mess up the front page and we'll need to disable it but at least then user accounts, passwords and all threads can be saved and the boards can be unlocked again.

--- End quote ---

Be careful what you wish for!

--- End quote ---

Ummm, yikes... that was balsy LOL  I'm praying you backed stuff up first but oh well.  It seems to have worked at least :)

jglonek:

--- Quote from: WadeJ on May 07, 2013, 11:38:40 AM ---Ummm, yikes... that was balsy LOL  I'm praying you backed stuff up first but oh well.  It seems to have worked at least :)

--- End quote ---

Yes I backed everything up last night :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version