Great Adventure Boards > Great Adventure Chit Chat

Jackson Township Unveils Vision of New Hotel & Retail Complex

<< < (3/3)

B-mac:
Easy, spacious spot to work with. They likely have a few more areas they're considering using, some on Great Adventure's property.

rjholla2003:
The image that they use where the proposed complex is superimposed over what appears to be Google Maps shows it in the undeveloped land bordered by the exit road opposite of Lukoil, 537, and the parking lot. I think that's a terrible spot to be honest. Having it along 195 with its own exit would work better.

Steve:
Either that or completely re do that part of 537 and exit 16. It's a disaster when the park closes and it's busy.

WadeJ:

--- Quote from: Steve on August 13, 2013, 06:53:50 PM ---Either that or completely re do that part of 537 and exit 16. It's a disaster when the park closes and it's busy.

--- End quote ---
I was assuming they'd have to for the project to even get off the ground for exactly this reason.  It's bad enough now so it's only going to get worse by adding this much infrastructure. 

It still seems like a no-brainer to have the resort within a safari view to allow for higher priced rooms with a view, perhaps private safari tours from the hotel, etc. 

PcMan:
posted on screamscape today 11-27-13 about hotel with video

Onsite Resort Hotel - Planning - (11/27/13) Adding a resort hotel to the Six Flags Great Adventure property has long been a dream for many over the years. As we’ve seen the torch of ownership and control of the company pass from one hand to another over the past couple couple of decades, the idea of adding an on-site resort has been revived, killed, and revamped more times than I can count. This latest video news report from “Today in America” about Jackson, NJ talks briefly with Six Flags Great Adventure’s President, John Fitzgerald about their latest attempt to revive the concept in order to allow the Six Flags property to become a multi-day vacation destination. Looks like the plan is back on again, and since the Jackson area is essentially devoid of other hotels, it sounds like an idea that should not only work, but should be a success if built at the right scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaAr1DSZkOE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version