Great Adventure Boards > Great Adventure Chit Chat

Rolling Thunder Tribute

(1/4) > >>

WadeJ:
I wanted to start a thread with the various pictures I have of Rolling Thunder.  Feel free to contribute more if you have them!

To be fair, I do understand why things like this happen.  However, my two oldest boys, 9 and 11, rode Rolling Thunder as their first "big" coaster and it's a memory I'll forever cherish.  Yes, they are sad to.  So while the ridership was dropping off (could it be more due to the condition and painfulness of the ride????), it doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye :(.

Here are a few pictures I could quickly find on my PC.  I'll post more as I find them.

-W

WadeJ:
A few more...

WadeJ:
/\ Hi Chuck!

DianaR:
I have to find my pic of me hugging it!!! LOL    I am so very disappointed with this decision. I don't even know what else to say. Back in it's heyday it was the coaster everyone ran too! Even in the mid 90's I always ran to RT first! This really is a shame. Too bad someone like the Knoebel's can't give it another life.  :'(

WadeJ:
It makes you wonder if the ridership was so low because of how lousy of a ride it gave, how bumpy it was, how slow it loaded, condition of the trains and so on.  It just doesn't make sense.  After just being at Hershey and seeing the Comet with a full queue and still delivering great rides makes you wonder.  Then again, we are probably being a tad more critical about the decision when compared to the average park guest lol

I don't think our friends at Great Adventure History will mind if I link to their outstanding page dedicated to Rolling Thunder :) - http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/RollingThunder.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version