Latest Updates > Park News

2015 Attractions Announced!

<< < (2/3) > >>

rjholla2003:
MOAR TILT A WHIRL!!!!

If we were going to get a carnival ride, why not The Zipper? :( Or maybe flyers. I'm rather "meh" about this for sure.

Edwardo:
I'll be honest, if Carowinds got a fireball next year, I'd be happy. We need more flats.

But we're getting a waterpark expansion apparently (finally).

Blackhand1001:
I just think its a terrible PR decision by Six Flags corporate to refer to this as a Rollercoaster in the marketing. You think they would have learned from The dark knight coaster about setting up false expectations.

Edwardo:
In the big pocture, do you really think less people will come of they find out that six flags is calling this a coaster?

I've heard people call it a coaster at fairs for years. To me, this just seems like a way to have an off year at some parks and still add a ride. Hopefully they'll use some capital and paint and spruce up the parks getting these.

WadeJ:

--- Quote from: Edwardo on August 31, 2014, 02:10:57 PM ---Hopefully they'll use some capital and paint and spruce up the parks getting these.

--- End quote ---

THIS.... that's the part I take issue with.  None of these parks should be expecting insane thrill rides every year.  Past regimes have 10 times over proven that is not a viable business model.  However, when they don't have a huge capital expense at a particular park they should be sprucing the place up.  In recent years, it's almost as though Great Adventure opens the front door and boots things up and says we are open.  The deplorable condition of many of the areas screams in need of $$$$ and this coming off-season is hopefully THE year improvements starts to happen. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version