Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Tips for "guests of certan sizes" on fitting into  (Read 1895 times)

Offline invisiblerider

Tips for "guests of certan sizes" on fitting into
« on: April 09, 2006, 12:56:57 AM »
Hi I am a large coaster rider who is currectly having issues getting the carts to lock. Im close but not close enough on certain rides like Nitro. Anyone give me some usefll tips that would really be appreciated!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 09:26:07 AM »
The only honest answer I can give you is, eat healthy and exercise. If your love for coaster is that great,  that motivation  right there is enough for you to try and loose a couple pounds to fit on Nitro. I was once 285 with a 54 inch chest just barely making the belt on Batman The ride.  

I was never worried about not fitting on a ride until  I had to do the walk of shame  twice at Paramount's Kings Dominion. So thanks to Shockwave and Flight of Fear I  started to watch my weight. After this experience I lost 20 pounds and headed for Cedar Point for Millennium force. It took me three attempts to click the belt.This made me realize I still need to loose more weight. I still worry about not fitting on certain rides and this keeps me motivated to watch my weight.

With all that being said, The only advice or tip I can give you is look for the Big Boy Seats in either row 4 or 5 of B&M's  Other than that,  there are no tricks on how to fit on a certain ride. Either you do or you don't! And  for some reason you did manage to fit, I can tell you from experience holding your breath and being stapled to a ride is no FUN. All you do is find yourself thinking about getting back to the station and not enjoying the ride.

Hopefully this all helps coming from a fat guy named Bubba with an avatar of White castle .  The walk of Shame sucks  because I have done it and I am only here to Help. Good luck with everything !!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 10:29:48 AM »
Fruits and Veggies
and water
small portions

I think they should somehow make "bigger" seats to accomadate  "everyone"
maybe just one seat on each coaster. some people are just naturally big and tall .
Yo

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 11:04:34 AM »
WEll pcman, on alot of rides they to have a slightly bigger row.  Medusa's 4th or 5th row has 2 seatbelts.. and i know of a few others that have some.

But basically.. if you want to ride the smaller train roller coasters.. just use this as your movitation to lose some extra weight like bubba said.  I know somewhere on this forum there is a topic about all ofthe guys here who have told us about how much apier they were with themselves because of all of the hard work in the offseason.

It really is worth it dude.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 11:41:59 AM »
I don't have a problem with my wieght  but if i did I would still want to ride.
Thas great they have it on Nitro.

I know Chiller is very tight to get in even for the the average person.

in a pinch you can always use some type of harness / gerdal  just to get that extra extra.
I know years ago  to get my niece on Scream Machine  we had to put a wod of toilet paper in her shoes to give her just that extra inch to make her tall enough to ride.
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Tips for "guests of certan sizes" on fitting i
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 04:10:40 PM »
Quote from: "invisiblerider"
Hi I am a large coaster rider who is currectly having issues getting the carts to lock. Im close but not close enough on certain rides like Nitro. Anyone give me some usefll tips that would really be appreciated!

First, welcome to updates :)

For some coasters, there is a "big person" row that will help.  Just ask the ride op.  Also, for some rides it will depend on what type of crew is running the ride.  My buddy was along last weekend and couldn't get Nitro to lock.  A few team members we actually helping by pushing hard to get it locked (and it worked :) ).

Thats really all you can do aside from what others have mentioned.

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 04:52:42 PM »
B:TR doesn't have a big person seat :cry: . somehow during the off season i gained just enough lbs to have problems :cry: . at the end of last season i was able to get on B:tr and Medusa's front row with some slack in the belts. for the moment i can't now  :cry:
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3