Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: I'm a newbie  (Read 1379 times)

Offline plutojen26

I'm a newbie
« on: April 28, 2006, 04:31:08 PM »
Hi,
I am new to this and just wanted to say hi and to see if there is anything I should know before posting more.  I love Great Adventure and have lived about 40 minutes from there until last year when I moved to Maryland.  Unfortunately the Six Flags park here is not good...to put it nicely.  So, I travel the 3 hours to go to Great Adventure and don't regret it at all.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
I'm a newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 04:56:40 PM »
Welcome Jen! Nice to have you here! I've been to SF in Maryland and I have to agree Gadv has better coasters and, ride ops. I do Like Batwing better then S:UF though! I look forward to getting to know you. :D

Offline plutojen26

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 08:11:52 PM »
Thanks!  I actually like S:UF better...lol.  I feel it's smoother and a longer ride.  But yeah, the ops at SF America are horrible.  My husband and I have experienced racism towards anyone not of the African American persuasion first hand.  One time it was bad enough to have security come to the line.  But, the one thing they have is a built in waterpark for free.

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
I'm a newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 10:23:59 PM »
Welcome to the funny farm! ;)

I believe SFGAdv is also the better park, though I also think Batwing is the better flyer, Superman's third hill has to be ridden to be believed, and Wild One continues to amaze me.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!