Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Season Pass Distress!  (Read 3245 times)

Offline spida

Season Pass Distress!
« on: May 06, 2006, 10:59:43 AM »
ok, so season passes are like WOAH expensive!!  does anyone know of a way i can get them cheaper?!?!?!?! please email me at nycital80 @ aol . com

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 01:56:41 PM »
Considering a one day ticket at the gate is $60 and $40 online its not alot at all. You can't get them cheaper and they really pay off with the BAFF's and coupons all over the park.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 02:52:52 PM »
Everyone makes it out like Six Flags rips you off for Season Passes, but yet Cedar Fair and alot of other parks charge just as much or even more.

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 05:35:53 PM »
Yeah, season passes are a deal in a half.  Check out the price of a season pass for Morey's:

http://www.moreyspiers.com/products.aspx?catid=1

Yes, that is $325, and it is not even for the entire day.

If you want to save on a Six Flags pass, consider going to Six Flags America, where they are only $50.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 07:22:43 PM »
Also, check you or your parent's work. Some employers, like mine, still have them available at pre-season prices.
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 09:37:20 AM »
Try ebay.  I know last year I had a extra one I sold and a few others I seen cheap last year.  But a quick search and not many this year but keep looking.  But America as mentioned above is a good move .  You get to see that park and get a pass cheap.
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 09:51:37 AM »
Depending on where you live, visiting Six Flags America might be the easiest thing to do.  Plus, you get to do a trip to another Six Flags while you are there (since you must process it there).

Then just buy a Gadv parking pass.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 12:57:35 PM »
Just got a newsletter via email from Six Flags America.  They are still running the "Buy 1 day, get the season free" promotion.  $49.99 for a Season Pass isn't all that bad.  Just remember that you must process the pass there before leaving as the voucher will do you no good at Gadv.

Also, Great Adventure is not entitled to sell you a parking pass if you have a Season pass from another park.  Most people have never had a problem doing so though.

Offline dbooth

Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 05:45:49 PM »
i get them for 77.00 if anyone is interested email me at davidb272 @ comcast.net

Offline nitroblast

• Koala Canyon
    • http://myspace.com/bgatesstinks
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 06:07:59 PM »
Only problem with SF America is that the Play Pass tagline is a lie.

If you bought a single day general admission ticket, you have to pay $30 for the upgrade to Play Pass. However, if you buy a play pass instead of a general admission ticket, it is infact only $50. I got mine down there during my band trip.

I have the paper from the park map which tells you all the details. I could scan it if you want. It wasnt in the map itself, but was an insert.
Excuse me, do these effectively hide my thunder?

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Re: Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 10:35:02 PM »
Quote from: "spida"
ok, so season passes are like WOAH expensive!!  does anyone know of a way i can get them cheaper?!?!?!?! please email me at nycital80 @ aol . com

Go to AAA if you are a member. My mom bought her season pass last week after the price hike for only $82. Not bad if you ask me.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 11:12:19 PM »
geez, AAA - didn't even think of that lol

I probably could have driven 3 minutes from my house and picked one up cheaper.

Good tip!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 06:48:32 AM »
^Its definately the way I'm going to buy a 3-park pass next year for the season. How can you beat a $20 price cut?

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 07:14:17 AM »
Quote from: "overlord"
^Its definately the way I'm going to buy a 3-park pass next year for the season. How can you beat a $20 price cut?

Don't count your saved pennies yet.

I bet we are looking at substantial price increases for next year's passes...if there even are passes.  I think there will be, but I wouldn't bet my life or my first born cat on it.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Season Pass Distress!
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 10:27:21 AM »
There will always be season passes.  It's guaranteed money for the company if you go or not.  It's like buying shares in the company.  They don't make money in November, Dec, Jan, Feb so any money is better then no money.  There is a fine line they want to keep the price low enough to sell a lot of passes but not to high so people can't afford them. I don't think it will go over $100 in at least a few years

Example:

I will not pay $325 + on a season pass to Moreys Pier in Wildwood. And I may only buy one day pass for $29 at my local township.  Even Clementon Park, which is 2 miles from my home and has the Great J2 coaster, season passes are around $125 . I will just go on the $10 coupon nights.  Now if Clementon had a pass for around $50-$70 I would buy one (they did have it for $59 if bought before Jan. 2006 but I was to late).
Yo