Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Mini TR May 20th  (Read 2939 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Mini TR May 20th
« on: May 20, 2006, 08:30:43 PM »
Well, it was my Bday so it was up to me to decide what we would do today.   Dumb question lol

So, after some horrible tantrums from my 4 year old that nearly canned the trip, we were on our way.  We arrived around 1:30 and really only planned to stay for a few hours.  I wanted to just walk around and check things out and take the kids on a few rides so no coaster riding today.

The Updates -

El Toro looks awesome.  BUT, workers were still on the section of track just before the turn around.  Kingda Ka had workers on the launch for most of the afternoon.  And the entire Plaza del Carnaval section had work going on and I see no reason why this area itself couldn't open by next weekend.

All in all it was a nice trip.  A few odds and ends to point out - the bathrooms we encountered were awlful.  I've seen cleaner at Burger King.  Hopefully this was just luck of the draw and not a bigger problem.  On a side note, it really bugs my wife that they don't offer seat covers (in case somebody is reading this ;) )

The crowds were decent size so it really was a bummer to see Ka, Toro, RT, B:TC, B:TR, Skyride, chutes, Swings and Spinmeister down.  There were probably a few others that I missed as well.  I'm fairly certain the wind may have had a play in some of those but perhaps there could be a sign specifically pointing this out?

We also stood directly next to Ron, the GM back behind the Wilderness theatre but he appeared to be showing a VIP around the park and was in discussions with him so I wasn't going to interupt lol.  Good to see him out amongst the crowds though.  Even on a Saturday :)

Finally, on the way out we run into my wifes cousin and his family.  It turns out they bought season passes this year and we didn't even know it lol.  Most likely we had something to do with that decision  ;)

I'll post a few pictures later when I unload the camera.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Mini TR May 20th
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 10:43:57 PM »
Thanks for the update !  I'm sorry to hear how bad things were on a Saturday. Out of all the days , one would tend to think that on Saturday's the park would  run more efficient.

Oh,  one more thing.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 12:43:37 AM »
You were in the area when BTR was down?  I was watching it go up the lift, looked down to sweep soem garbage, heard on the radio that the train got stuck on the lift, looked up, and said "Wow, that was quick."  I don't remember how long it was down for, but it wasn't too long, maybe an hour.  Sucks that you had dirty bathrooms where you were.

Your list sounds like this conversation that my supervisor and I had with these girls when they were asking us about a whole list of rides that they wanted to ride, but were broken down, closed, or didn't exist anymore
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 08:55:12 AM »
Happy B-Day Wade  :)

Sorry your day at the park was less then what you wanted and I know all too well about those 4 year old tantrums . Just to let you know it isn't going to get better as they get older  ;).  I wonder why so many rides were down could it all be the weather the rain up here in NY was horriable on Friday and it was kind of windy on Saturday but that is just not  a good sign maybe it was just a fluke.                                                                                                         The park did once  have seat covers just tell your wife that I buy mine at the local drug store and I believe babies r us also sells them .

Hopefully the area around ET will open next week if not ET it's self and as for KK I really hope it is up by the first week in June.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 10:07:55 PM »
Trust me, I know lol.  Its only getting worse at this point.  And I get to go through it all over again with the 1 year old!  ;D

The majority of rides that were closed were most likely due to the wind.  Of course, there are the obvious "under construction" rides but I only wanted to point out that perhaps guests would be more understanding if the skyride or parachutes were closed due to wind instead of just "closed".

As for the covers, I think it was more the principle of it ;)

Here are a few pics I promised - just a day late lol

My artistic angle lol

That pesky transition

Two operators - one actually doing their job.  Cute ride though.  He loved it

Its almost funny how they think they are steering somewhere

Okay, I'm really confused.  I thought we were at six flags, not Disney World!  There was a Disney princess wall to  :o

Well, thats it  :D

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 12:42:58 AM »
^ Maybe Shapiro still works for Disney?

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 12:44:55 AM »
Happy Birthday Wade, looks like you had a fun one!

I hate dirty bathrooms, one thing i cannot stand, It's a bummer that a handful of rides were closed, you gotta get on B:TC!(Again?)

And disney in a SF park, I guess Snyder/Shapiro REALLY wants to be a disney-like park! ;D :P
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 08:59:48 AM »
Austin and I rode Nitro 2x's and S:UF once in three hours Friday night. There were ALOT of school trips there! When Torro opens you will find us there Friday nights bouncing back and forh between RT and Torro :) It's a deal he and I made LOL.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »
I'll join you and Austin when it opens!

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 01:33:40 PM »
You got it Chuck! Everyone here is of course free to join us :)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 07:54:20 PM »
And I'll join if I'm off. LOL  You gotta come say hi to me on the east side!  Don't forget about me! :D
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel