Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Sad Holiday World Death  (Read 1381 times)

Offline nitroblast

• Koala Canyon
    • http://myspace.com/bgatesstinks
Sad Holiday World Death
« on: May 30, 2006, 03:15:30 PM »
Quote from CoasterRadio.com Message Board:
Hello,

It's with a sad heart that I post this message. I was surfing the net and landed on the website of an Evansville, Indiana t.v. station which is where I found this story.

UPDATE, TUE, 7:00 AM: A Holiday World employee, killed in a mowing accident over the weekend, will be laid to rest later this week.

Visitation for Eric Hempfling is set for Wednesday, from 2:00 until 8:00 PM, and Thursday from 7:00 until 9:30 AM at Becher Funeral Home in Ferdinand.

The funeral is set for Thursday morning at 10:00 at Saint Ferdinand Catholic Church.

The 20-year-old was a resident of Birdseye and a student at the University of Southern Indiana.

Previously: A tragic accident leaves a Holiday World employee dead.

A spokesperson for the amusement park says 20-year-old Eric Michael Hempfling died in a mowing accident at the park Saturday afternoon.

Hempfling was a grounds crew supervisor and had worked seasonally at Holiday World since 2001. During the rest of the year, he was a student at USI.

The folks at Holiday World say Eric was a wonderful young man with many friends and he will be missed. They are planning a private memorial service for him at the park Monday morning.

Paula, if you read this post, please let the family and staff know that they have my deepest sympathys. I will keep Eric's personal family and Holiday World family in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless!
Adam Welp a.k.a. HolidayWorldFan
New Albany, IN
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 03:56:30 PM by WadeJ »
Excuse me, do these effectively hide my thunder?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Sad Holiday World Death
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 03:55:07 PM »
Besides Mr. Hempfling's family, I also feel so much sorrow for the park itself.  I think they were finally getting over things and on a rebound and now this happens :(

Thanks for passing along the post Nitroblast.

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 05:57:27 PM »
I can only imagine what a mowing accident entails... My best wishes to his family and the park.
is back? in black?

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 09:52:58 PM »
Its very tragic to see something like this happen, at least it wasnt on one of the coasters so they still have a clean record on that slate
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]