Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SIX FLAGS CEO SAYS FORMULA IS WORKING  (Read 1892 times)

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
SIX FLAGS CEO SAYS FORMULA IS WORKING
« on: July 11, 2006, 10:33:46 AM »

Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson has the potential to increase its annual attendance by more than 30 percent to about 4 million visitors a year, the new chief executive officer of Six Flags Inc. said during a visit to the theme park Monday. More
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=NEWS02

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
Re: SIX FLAGS CEO SAYS FORMULA IS WORKING
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 10:39:02 AM »
It's actually a decent article but, I am still floored that they are looking to sell SFMM! I have to get back to the park this week. I haven't been back since media day :( On the good side, I am almost completely settled into my house :) Thanks for the Congrats Wade and Chuck.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 07:45:37 PM »
Do we really want 4 million people to come to the park?  That would kind of suck.

Good money wise but i mean, thats insane.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 08:01:44 PM »
Quote of the day:
"I'm thrilled with the way the park looks," he said. "This park is spotless

* rjholla2003 yells Flava Flav's signature 'YEEEAAAAAAAAAAH BOYYYYYYY!'
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 08:47:08 PM »
This is ridiculous. The park has had the worst operations in the past 10 years this year. Many, many rides down, taking out more flats, horrible stacking on many rides, line cutting at all time high with decurity doing NOTHING, and the characters get VERY annoying.

Except for the park looking cleaning, the actual operations have been horrid. The whole enthusiast community has been mocking us.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 09:54:31 PM »
Do we really want 4 million people to come to the park?  That would kind of suck.

You sound like Cartman.  ;D

I think he wants smarter people to come back to the park. I think he's looking for people who would come for the family rides (to come?) the people who would appreciate the landscaping and the fresh paint (more to come?) and the people smart enough to come in April and May, summer weekdays and Fright Fest Fridays, like us  ;). The main focus of summer weekend crowds are to ride the big thrill rides and *maybe* wait in line, if nobody catches them cutting and if Security does their job. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

We just have to wait to see if Shapiro knows what a high capacity family-friendly ride is. Rumor has it, there's a wooden one with two tracks and 4 trains somewhere in the woods between all of the kiddie sections and B&Ms.

RJ, he's right. The Grounds Quality and Landscpaing departments are on the ball and Ride Operations hasn't got a clue. Where did I miss the introduction to the opposite sketches?
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER