Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Shapiro Watch  (Read 6000 times)

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
Re: Shapiro Watch
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 09:21:45 PM »
In eight of the past 15 seasons rides have been added for thrill riders. In 4 of the past 15 seasons rides have been added for "everybody." Kiddie rides been added in 3 of the past 15 seasons.

EDIT: I thought it would be better to name the four family ride seasons ;)

1991: Adventure Rivers (gone)
1994: Mach 1/Dino Island/Sponge Bob
1996: Skull Mountain and Tea Cups
1999: Family additions:
              Spinnaker (gone)
              Pirate's Flight (gone)
              Chaos (gone)
              Rodeo Stampede (gone)     
              Houdini
              Blackbeards (kind of a kiddie ride)
              Jolly Roger (I'm being kind)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 07:53:46 PM by darkridedan »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 09:29:31 PM »
Not at all Chilled, you guys suck. :P

It's not so much that your age group is under attack, it's just that your age group tends to have *jerks* that think it's fun to do things like curse out restroom attendants because they can't smoke in the restrooms, clog the sinks/toilets/water fountains with paper towels, throw all sorts of garbage all over the place, cut line, purpously leave tables full of garbage sitting there, use crutches to go up the exits of rides and skip the lines when all of the members of that party are fine, and other sorts of things.  I don't think anyoen would mind having that element of the park guest removed.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 10:48:06 PM »
Shapiro will NEVER change that  group without ridding of the coasters. Because of the location that many SF parks are at, and since SF has the best thrills in the world, that is the consequence. Don't fight it, embrace it, along with the addition of more families. Shaprio seems to want to cancel out thrill seekers, and that is the wrong approach. Pull a Paramount- Have enough security and all of that to stop line cutting and vandalism, alternate between family and thrill rides, always keep parks fresh with employees being nice, and make it an all around experience with new things for different groups every 2-3 years.

BTW, did anyone see the Star Ledger article entitled, "Not fun for everyone" or something like that? I saw it at work today, and picked it up and gave it a read.

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2006, 11:42:36 PM »
I've been hearing rumors that the park referenced in the article was indeed SFGADV.

Sorry guys.

Granted were the only park he apparently likes right now.. but theres a few things you just cant do anything about.

There was an article with Shaprio today and there are some parks that are "No Touch" parks.

They are: SFOG, SFGAm, SFOT, SFFT, SFNE and Great Escape. No mention of SFGADv. Seems that it's not the only park he likes right now.

Here is the article: http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/stories/MYSA071406.1C.SixFlags.11667b2.html

Quote from: Shapiro
Shapiro called Fiesta Texas a "no-touch park," one of the six best parks in the chain. The others are in Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, New England and Lake George, N.Y.

- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2006, 12:01:45 AM »
Yeah, I had already posted that in another thread.

GADvWOW...aka the potted plant! :)