Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: El Toro, who fits who doesnt and how they know.  (Read 2789 times)

Offline invisiblerider

El Toro, who fits who doesnt and how they know.
« on: June 21, 2006, 05:34:24 PM »
Ok Im a total coaster enthusiats ive made many trips around the globe ot ride coaster and have been waiting for EL Toro like so many of you out there. No this is not a complaining about im too fat so it should be changed because i did not fit, though it was not due to my fat. I am a weighlifter and my body type is very large however due to muscle and bones they were "unable" to lock me in. The ride op at the booth only unlcoked the cart he never checked the light and the guy locking me in kept on saying "check car 5" however the man just then wihtout glancing at the light unlocked car 5. There was no fat in my way there was nothing wrong and i was secruly locked in. I would like to hear replies, because I strived to lose 43 lbs for El Toro and I did change my diet and life style for this ride and I am devestated. Any comments or advice are greatly appreciated because Ive seen people bigger than me ride and i tried twice. Please Ill do anything to get on this ride before i leave for college short of stop lifting because I play football.

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
Re: El Toro, who fits who doesnt and how they know.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:13:34 PM »
i don't really know. i was able to get on, i sucked in my gut real hard and held it until the train left the station. check out Great italian Scream Machine's pic, i'm the fat one wearing the Toro shirt.

http://www.gadv.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9196

Personally, i think the sensors and whatnot on Toro's trains are not calibrated properly. That would explain why i can ride but other people not as big as me can't.
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline invisiblerider

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 09:48:06 PM »
I agree about the sensors whole heartedly and I did try sucking in my gut, unfortunatly it wasnt that. haha, I wish it were though. Thanks for the advice thus far. Im just wondering, how tall are you? My problem is im 6'4" tall so my legs are high up, not just large.

*Moderator's note;  please do not use short hand when posting in the forums.  Thank you.*
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 12:09:53 AM by Cyclonic »

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 07:53:47 PM »
5' 9" 250lbs. I'm no couch potato. i work on the back of a trash truck 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week. also when i get a chance i ride my mountain bike, a Cannondale Killer V500.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 07:56:08 PM by David Jr »
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 01:08:14 PM »
Test Seat?
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 02:38:01 PM »
All I can tell you is to show no pain.  The operators tend to stop pushing if they sense you are feeling uncomfortable (for obvious reasons).  If you are upbeat and really want to ride, they "usually" will do whatever they can to get it to give a green light.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 01:24:01 AM »
What are the new test seats like? Do they have a green light sensor to show that you are clear to go?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 09:29:44 AM »

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 09:32:27 AM »
They look like this, and they do appear to have sensors on them.

I'm huge and I fit , look at this photo and compare the difference between me and Wade.  ;D

« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 09:34:48 AM by Bubba Z »

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 09:44:47 AM »
The immediate question in my mind is how long will they look like that and will Great Adventure repair the sensors when they are inevitably busted by some of the fine patrons the park attracts....

Offline invisiblerider

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 10:46:05 PM »
I agree I think the summer crowds will msot likely break that test cart *hopefully not before I figure out how to fit on!* But thank you all for your advice and tips. I will show no pain and do everything to get on and Ive even lost more weight! If any of you are ever in the park and see a guy blazzing down El Toro in a neon orange shirt with matching shoes find me and give me a shoutout! Thank you again everyone!