Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Employee Commendations  (Read 2179 times)

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
Employee Commendations
« on: August 13, 2006, 10:41:05 PM »
Thanks for the info on GADVInsider.  I posted this threat on there also but thought it also deserved to be on this site.  I found the employees at the park to be very helpful and pleasant this year.  I have discussed this many times with the guest relations manager and thought that it might be a good idea to post postive comments about the staff on the webistes.  Here is a copy of a note that I sent to the Guest Relations manager about my visit to the park on Aug. 10.  Hopefully other people will post their positive comments about the staff on here as well.

I wanted to recognize the following individuals who I feel went above and beyond yesterday.

1. Jack at Nitro- I went on Nitro several times yesterday and each time this guy could not have been nicer. While operating the ride, he was enthusiastic and was always trying to get the crowd pumped for the ride. He talked with people on the ride and those waiting in line. He really seemed to enjoy his job and his energy level was as high at 8:30 PM as it was at 3:00 PM. He does a great job and deserves to be recognized.

2. John at EL Toro- I also rode El Toro several times yesterday and observed John handle the Handicap Access ramp. He had several people come up and try to "work the system" and get on rides that they had not had reserved. John was polite to these people in explaining the rules and how the system worked. A few were less than pleasant to him and John maintained a most professional demeanor and never lost his cool. All of this while checking the cars on the ride and making sure the train was verified to leave the station. He does a great job and should be recognized for his efforts

3. The two young ladies at the VIP booth around 3:00pm. I did not get their names but they were both very friendly and helpful.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
Re: Employee Commendations
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:29:56 AM »
Here is part of a letter that I sent to CEO Mark Shapiro at the end June commending some of the park's employees.  I attended the Children's Miracle Netowrk event in June and I sent in my observations regarding the day.

EL Toro

1.  Keenan- The energy on this guy is incredible!  He is so funny and really does a great job in entertaining the people waiting on line for the ride.  I watched him from 830 am until well into the afternoon and his energy never subsided.  He joked around with crowd, gave great trivia and played games with the people waiting in line.  You can really tell he loves his job and does a great job at it. 

2.  Ferminn- (Sorry if the spelling is incorrect) Another person who was at the ride from 830 until late in the day.  He spent the entire day checking the train and smiled and engaged in conversation with the riders for the entire day.  He was pleasant and did an exceptional job.

Nitro

1.  Connor- This is the second time that I have sent in a compliment for this young man.  He is a true asset to your park and I hope you realize this.  The first time I observed Connor was a couple of months ago and I was very impressed on how friendly he was and the level of enthusiasm he has for his job.  Yesterday I saw that same level of enthusiasm and spirit but was also able to see the professional side of this young man.  It is very easy to be nice to people when things are going well but a true sign of a professional is how you handle things when things are not going so well.

I observed Connor handling a task which to me, looked like one of the hardest tasks on the ride.  He was monitoring the exit ramp and juggling the many responsibilities associated with it.  He was dealing with a large group of people all trying to get in the ride at the same time.  He has a large group of disabled customers and a large group of people with exit passes all trying to get on the ride at the same time.  He handled the disabled customers with great care and there were a few people with exit passes who were giving him a hard time because Connor asked them to wait for the next car.  They started arguing with him and Connor could not have been any nicer with them.  They continued to give him a hard time and where most people probably would have lost their temper with them. Connor never raised his voice or lost his patience.  He apologized for the inconvenience and assured them he would get them on the next car.  These people were being incredibly unreasonable and Connor handled with level of professionalism that would have made any company proud.  I hope that you realize what a great employee you have in this young man and take the time to recognize his hard work

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 07:36:27 AM »
Mr. Shapiro is always harping on and on about customer service.  I am, therefore, curious as to whether you received any sort of reply.  I would be even more curious as to whether anything nice was done for the people you mentioned, but we will probably never know...

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 09:24:03 AM »
Thanks for sharing - I can assure you that each and every employee compliment is recognized ;). (at least by Gadv itself)

Its unfortunate how many of the really good employees they have lost though :(.

Between the B-Roll shoot, Media Day and the WB11 morning news this year, I can assure you the folks on this site know Keenan very well at this point (we have a thread dedicated to him lol).  I agree with you 100%!

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 10:50:57 AM »
I'm not sure what the British guy's name is who works at Nitro but he is awesome!
is back? in black?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 11:56:53 AM »
/\  Agreed!  He was there for the GMA shoot.  I was very impressed with his skills.  Perhaps he is the one Peter is speaking of?

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:45:29 PM »
I also have to say Alex (I think thats his name) is a great ride op/attendant. He is either op'ing over on Kingda Ka or he is on El Toro checking everyones seats. Props to him!

Offline Fjask

• Affiliate
  • Carousel
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 10:40:27 PM »
The name of that brittish ride op on Nitro is Adrien(if thats how you spell it).  He does a great job, allways love to see him there.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 10:24:10 AM »
Mr. Shapiro is always harping on and on about customer service.  I am, therefore, curious as to whether you received any sort of reply.  I would be even more curious as to whether anything nice was done for the people you mentioned, but we will probably never know...

I also sent a copy of the letter to the GADV Guest Relations Manager who emailed me back thanking me and said that my letter was reviewed by management.  I did run into Connor at Nitro that thanked me for the letter and said that  a copy of it was posted.

I never got a response from Six Flags Corporate however, even though the letter was sent to Mr. Shapiro. 
Posted on: August 15, 2006, 10:21:02 am
The name of that brittish ride op on Nitro is Adrien(if thats how you spell it).  He does a great job, allways love to see him there.

He is a great guy.  Always full of energy and having fun with the crowd.  Adrien, Connor and Jack usually are always on Ntiro and all three of them do a great job.  They always look like they are having fun.  They engage the crowd and are always ontop of things.