Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Darien Lake Season Passholders NOT Happy  (Read 1324 times)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
Darien Lake Season Passholders NOT Happy
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:49:24 PM »
8/10/2006 6:00 PM
(WROC-TV)

Darien Lake recently announced it would be closing for the season on October 1st, a month earlier than normal. Though the theme park's owner, six flags, cited several reasons for doing so, the decision isn't sitting well with some who paid big bucks for season passes.

"I was very upset."

And Cheryl Derby is only one of several season ticket holders who contacted 8 On Your Side, hacked off that her family four passes, for which she shelled out more than 200 bucks, are now only good until October 1st.

"When we agreed to buy season tickets this year, we were not told the park would be closing early," says Cheryl.

And that's just for starters.

"They're now only operating 5 out of 7 days a week," she says.

And combined with the recent closure of several attractions it all adds up to one unhappy customer.

"This is our 2nd year of season tickets."

Is there going to be a third?

"Probably not...unless they come around."

And they just might. When 8 On Your Side contacted the park, a spokesperson told us: "we appreciate our season pass holders and their patronage and we are working on something which we will soon communicate to them."

What that might be, the spokesperson says is still being worked out, but Cheryl has a thought.

"I think they should offer some type of refund to season ticket holders."

Because after all...

"A deal's a deal."

But the devil may be in the details of that deal, the park reminding us that it does retain the right to adjust the hours of operation.

http://www.wroctv.com/news/story.asp?id=24145&r=l

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re: Darien Lake Season Passholders NOT Happy
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 10:46:08 AM »
Does anyone really blame them for being upset? i am pretty sure it says on the pass it's self that hours are subject to change and all rides may not be avaliable. i will hav eto go look at my pass BUT I would still be pretty ticked off if it were our park.

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
Re: Darien Lake Season Passholders NOT Happy
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 12:02:09 PM »
I would be mad too, I found the park VERY nice when I went a couple years ago.
is back? in black?