Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Screamscape Rumor  (Read 4263 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Screamscape Rumor
« on: September 05, 2006, 02:18:08 PM »
Alrighty, I read Screamscape every now and then because once in a while, somebody does submit legit info.  I also like to see how his info stacks up against what I know about our home park, Great Adventure.  However, this one REALLY caught me off-gaurd today.

2007 - New Land / Wiggle?s World - Rumor - (9/5/06) Screamscape has come across two new pieces of the puzzle today. Our sources tell us that the current Looney Tunes SeaPort area will be transformed into Wiggle?s World, a new kiddie area themed after the preschooler ages TV show. From the sound of things, may of the attractions in SeaPort will be kept and transformed to fit the new theme of the area, so while it will be a new land, I?m not sure how many ?new? things there will be to do inside it.

For starters, The Wiggles have a unique partnership with Disney and I'm not aware of it ending anytime soon as they are insanely profitable.  And then you have Shapiro shouting at us that Six Flags needs to leverage the Looney Tunes characters more.  With the demise of LTSP and already BBL, they could almost completely do away with the Looney Tunes and stick only with the super heros.

So this is either completely bogus or perhaps Six Flags is looking for a way to ditch Looney Tunes?

All I know is that it doesn't fit at all with what I've "heard" about 2007 - though I've been wrong before lol.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
Re: Screamscape Rumor
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 05:05:16 PM »
First he cuts looney tunes entertainment to bring back the Wiggles? If anything they should expand on the spongebob theme they have, or instead of the wiggles use Bob The Builder....The Wiggles? Comon

I really hope its false
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:24:08 PM »
Wade might like the Wiggles... :)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 11:29:44 PM »
Wade might like the Wiggles... :)
Trust me, you want to bang your head on the wall over and over again after a long drive of nothing but the Wiggles.  However, they are educational and good clean fun for the LITTLE kids.  My 4 year old has grown bored at this point but if watching the Wiggles keeps my 1 year old from screaming the entire way to Disney World then let him have it!

If this rumor were to be true, I think it is a desperate move on Shapiros part to try extra extra hard to get those families in there with young children since these are the big spenders he was hoping for this year.  I also think he is aiming to low if that were the case.  Gadv isn't Disney World.  Gadv doesn't have massive dark rides like Small World that put a look of amazement on a childs face.  The rides Gadv has that a child can ride are more targeted towards the 3-4 year olds and older.  Our little guy could only go on maybe 4 rides last year and not many more this year where as Disney has tons and tons of rides the entire family can ride.

Now if they built a Wiggle dark ride, I'd probably scream lol

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 10:17:23 AM »
I can't possibly see how this could be true. As Wade said, the Wiggles are Disney, they appeal ONLY to the pre-school set and don't have the appeal of Looney Toons. In 5 - 10 years people won't remember the Wiggles (Barney anyone?)

If it is true this is a worse idea than the no re-entry one.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 10:30:53 AM »
Screamscape has the rumor popping up at Great America and New England now as well.  This is either one of those moments where somebody is purposely screwing with Lance (which has happened plenty of times) or next season will be even more interesting than we thought.

btw Gregg - Congrats on making the Micechat roundup! LOL

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »
I have to say I agree with Wade on this the wiggles will make anyone over the age of 3 go crazy in about 2 min. flat.  :o. i let my son watch them only 2 or 3 times and then I have to say i had had enough of the wiggles. Now speaking of things to get parents into the park . parents of little boys pay top dollar for Thomas the Tank engine stuff . They have that train in PA and it is a big money spending fest Trust me i have done it Now get that into a park and families will come. Or as someone else suggested get the sponge bob theme into that area . 

Offline Kracka08

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »
The sponge bob ideal is the best idea IMO.  They can turn LTSP into bikini botton and make the whole town with the houses and everything, even have 2 resturants called the chum bucket and the crusty crab.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 07:42:10 PM »
While I am a spong bob fan, it doesn't have the lure for the really tiny guys which I think is what Shapiro is trying to grab.  It would be really funny to actually go eat at the crusty crab though lol

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 08:37:22 PM »
How bout South Park....Oh Wait
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline coasterrider1998

• Jungleland Express
  • Cr98 in in you extended Gadvupdates Network!
    • TCT Central - The Site For The Alumni of ThrillCoaster Torus
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 08:16:40 PM »
I heard about the Wiggle World but seriously this will look pretty werid in our park and being that the show is played on The Disney Channel is not Six Flags. I would rather have Super Hero Haven with Batman and Robin!

/Cr98\

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 09:02:08 PM »
batman and robin dont really appeal to the crowd that hes trying to bring to the park.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline coasterrider1998

• Jungleland Express
  • Cr98 in in you extended Gadvupdates Network!
    • TCT Central - The Site For The Alumni of ThrillCoaster Torus
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 10:08:59 PM »
Yes true but they look up to some of them. I know there trying to bring a younger crowd but focus on 6-10 year olds!

/Cr98\