Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Much welcome improvements..  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Much welcome improvements..
« on: July 27, 2006, 08:15:47 AM »
I visited the park last night and I was extremely happy to see a major improvement in the enforcement of the no smoking and no line cutting rules in the park.   
Even non-security employees  approached people smoking in the open and informed them of the smoking areas..
And line cutting was well infoced in the El Toro line,  several people were caught and told to go to the end of the line.

I know they can't be in all places at all times.  At least it now seems they are really trying to enforce these rules!

And I think I experienced the fastest loading time ever on El Toro last night!!  It had to be 30-45 seconds.

Hopefully all this will continue!  ;D

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Re: Much welcome improvements..
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 12:19:25 PM »
The line cutting seems to be getting better enforced. Now its the smoking issue that really needs to be enforced. A couple was smoking on the bridge the other night but there isnt alot of employee action over there.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 12:25:44 PM »
What they really need is more consistency.  This has already been happening all season but many never realized it.  I was there in June and saw employees walk right up to people and take care of the smoking and I've also witnessed amazing security in the lines.  But it seems as though for every really good day are a few bad days.  I'm sure things like staffing levels, people calling out sick, quiting, or even the weather can cause these breakdowns but it is good to hear that it is still happening this late in July when operations are usually at their worst.

And YES, the Toro crew can kick major butt when the ride is behaving :)

Offline superman_test_dummy

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 02:46:21 PM »
At the beginning of the season my dad walked into the park and said "Damn this is 20x better than last year." He was referring to all of the employees walking around, all of the new flowers, the clean atmosphere and employees being friendly in general. Then on our last trip my dad said the park was almost worse than last year because many of the queues were trashed and operations were less than desireable. I agree with Wade that the park definetly needs more consistency. Because this year I have had great days where everything was open including Chiller and days where it seemed like half the park was closed and none of the employees cared. But so far this year GADV has improved greatly since last year they just need to work on consistency.

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 11:31:10 PM »
^I agree with you, Superman_test_dummy. The beginning of this year was probably the best time I've ever seen the park. However, since the beginning of the season, just everything has been going down hill. On my visit on July 7th, Toro's queue was just plain disgusting with garbage all over it as well as multiple rides closed. I was quite disappointed after such a great first half of the season. I really hope things will improve, FAST, especially for Fright Fest...

Beginning of the season-A
Current-D

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline Western Queen

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 07:52:19 PM »
What they really need is more consistency.  This has already been happening all season but many never realized it.  I was there in June and saw employees walk right up to people and take care of the smoking and I've also witnessed amazing security in the lines.  But it seems as though for every really good day are a few bad days.  I'm sure things like staffing levels, people calling out sick, quiting, or even the weather can cause these breakdowns but it is good to hear that it is still happening this late in July when operations are usually at their worst.

And YES, the Toro crew can kick major butt when the ride is behaving :)

Thanks for saying the above Wade (sorry I have been so absent lol.) I have to say every year I hear or see some people either complaining nothing is done OR they act like it is the first time it has been done...I assure everyone that Security has always worked their butt off trying to keep the park calm, trying to quell the linecutting and disturbances....it is not always noticed but believe me after 4 straight seasons, and 6 over all, of doing it I know I did not just go to work with my thumb up my bum lol I have only been to the park once this season, to my dismay :( So I cannot really comment on the current state of the Security force...I do know they lost just about almost ALL of their tenure (experienced staff) in the last 3 seasons.  Me? I just hope and pray that no one gets hurt, thats always been my worry since I left :( That job is a lot more volitile than just walking up and asking someone to stop smoking.....I was assaulted myself 3 times in one season.......well, just WesternQueen's ever popular "sitcking up for the people in the trenches" post....take care guys...