Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Things at other parks that would make Great Adventure Better (realistically)  (Read 6224 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
They just need four trains on ka. That is why i refuse to wait on it.

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
I'd love to see a quality (Sally) dark ride in our park. We've got the Justice League, so we should use them to our advantage. Place a nice dark ride in Movietown themed to the Justice League, as well as maybe one or two other small flats with a character meet and greet. And where would they put this? I spy Chiller's spot...

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Am I the only one who thinks they have SO much potentionel with darks rides for the Justice League and Bugs, Daffy, Porky Pig, etc. They have so much potentional with that, but they never used it.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: Things at other parks that would make Great Adventure Better (realistically)
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2006, 01:25:43 AM »
I was thinking about this thread last time I went to Hershey, but I forgot to post my thoughts until just now.  I was looking at the flyers and even though they are low capacity I think that they would do OK at Great Adventure.  But, to increase capacity you could add a gimmick that I think would be worthwile.  Instead of only one flyer installation, make 3-4 on one pad.  Space them out appropriately and you've kicked that ride up many notches.  The fact that on every revolution you're dueling with two other flyers is pretty intense.  Especially if you're both out really far, or of you happen to dive down as you're approaching another flyer.  That's just insane IMO!  I would have a hard time leaving them alone!

Something that I wold love to see (I think I mentioned it before) would be if a giant frisbee was added in Evolution's old spot.  I still miss Pendulum and I am throughly convinced that it only failed because of it's horrid placement.  That is a midway ride that is ment to be proudly displayed for the masses.  The queue is still there, and "Playtime Plaza" is rarely used for anything other than a shortcut from Grannys to Cables restrooms.  Give us Giant Frisbee 'cause we want fun!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline coasterrider1998

• Jungleland Express
  • Cr98 in in you extended Gadvupdates Network!
    • TCT Central - The Site For The Alumni of ThrillCoaster Torus
Re: Things at other parks that would make Great Adventure Better (realistically)
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2006, 02:30:14 PM »
Wow Rj that would be a really cool idea. I fully agree with superman test on this!

/Cr98\

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2006, 09:03:08 AM »
If GADV put the Knoebels Flyers in Spin Meister's spot.  Take Ovni from La Ronde and put it in Chaos' old spot. Transfer Dorney's staff from Dorney to Great Adventure and trasfer Great Adventure's staff to Dorney and see what happeneds! Management and all :P

Coaster Count: 255