Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: How to work the Gold Q-BOT? can i use it as in these scenarios:  (Read 2014 times)

Offline d_gil

How to work the Gold Q-BOT? can i use it as in these scenarios:
« on: September 18, 2006, 08:07:30 PM »
Hi all,
I'm planning a visit on a probably crowded saturday/sunday.
I probably going to get a gold qbot,and wanted to know more about operating it in the most efficient way  ;)

let's say both KK and Toro have 2 hour lines each,what should i do:

1- scan at one ride,get the ride time i need to come back at,than go to the other ride and scan there to keep a spot in line - than - had back to the first ride and go in line?

how would i know i am not missing my spot at the ride i scanned while im waiting in the regular line for the other??
I mean,since the gold Qbot reduces about 75% of the wait time,i would probably miss my Qbot line if i stand in another regular long line for a diferent ride no?

2- can i go to Toro,scan the ride,than head in for the regular line for toro and use the Qbot line stargiht as i get out of the regular line?
again,being a gold Qbot,won't i miss my Qbot line spot ? let's say there is an hour wait time for toro and i scan it and than go in the regular line,won't my Qbot spot be after 75% of an hour,meaning i will loose it when i get out of the regular line after an hour?

mybe it is better usuing regular Qbot for that kind of operation (scan and go to regular line for the same scanned ride)?

3 - can i go around scanning a few rides one after another,do i have to do the scanning one by one,meaning scan a ride,go ride another ride,and only than i can scan a third ride etc..?

Sorry if it all sounds complicated - i just try to make the best of the Qbot $$$ :)
Any tactic advice on using the gold/regular qbot would be VERY welcomed...

thanks
gil

Offline Fjask

• Affiliate
  • Carousel
Re: How to work the Gold Q-BOT? can i use it as in these scenarios:
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 09:26:28 PM »
1. When you scan a ride, lets say KK, it will give you a time to come back to it.  Right after you scanned KK, you went to, lets say Toro, and scanned that one.  It will give you a confirmation that it was scanned at Toro, but it will not hold a place in line for Toro yet. 
A few min. before your scheduled time to go back to KK, it will start beeping to tell you to start heading toward KK.  Once you get your ride on KK, then it will hold your place in line for Toro.

I belive you have 10 min.(it might not be exactly 10, but around 10) grace period to get to the ride from the scheduled time.  Lets say KK is scheduled for 1:00, you will be able to get a ride in untill 1:10.  When you are at the ride, you scan again(this time on the scanner that says "enter here"), and there will be a message saying "enjoy your ride"

2.  If you go on line for the same ride you scanned it will not be efficent with the gold qbot.  With the gold q-bot, it will start telling you to head to the ride while you are still online, because the wait time is cut down.  If the line was an hour, you scanned, and went on line, the qbot will be telling you to ride in 15 min. from the time you scanned. (in that 15 min, you will not even be at the half way mark in line.) This method would be good if you got the regular qbot, but not the gold. 

You wil miss your qbot spot if you do not scan the qbot on the "enter here" scanner within that grace period.

3. You can scan more than one ride, while you are still waiting for a ride.  For example, first you scan KK, then Toro, then Medusa, then GASM in that order.  You will have a spot for you in KK, but not Toro, Medusa, or GASM.  Once you get your ride on KK, then you will have a spot for you on Toro (it will tell you a time to come to it).  Now Medusa and GASM dont have a time yet.  After your ride on Toro, Medusa is next and so on.

If you use a gold qbot what you could do is scan as many rides as you can without missing any first.  That way after you get a ride on the ride, there will be no "dead time" between scans.  (please note, I have not tried this, as I never rented out a gold qbot yet.)

If you go with the regular qbot, you can scan 2 (or whatever numer you think is reasonable) rides at a time, and as you are waiting for those rides, go in line for some other rides.

Hope that helped. :)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 01:50:27 AM »
I'm not sure with the Gold FlashPass, but with standard FlashPass you may reserve up to 6 rides at a time.  It will still only wait for one ride at a time, but you don't have to worry about scanning those other five rides after you get off of the first one.  I guess you could use the dowtime to eat, ride some flats, catch a show, or something else.

Have a Happy 45th Anniversary at Six Flags Great Adventure! :)
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline d_gil

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 07:13:11 AM »
hi,and thanks for the info.

So, is it safe to say the Gold Qbot is more of a line-shorter than a re-ride help device?

I mean,If i scan KK at 1:00 and get a return time of 1:30,I will probably will not be able to ride Toro in that half hour,because the lines for Toro are probably over 45 min.
I will need to spend the 30 min. waiting for my spot on the KK line doing anything else.
The only real benefit is that it cuts the line wait time by about 75%,and because of that i would be able to get more rides in on my limited 1 day visit to the park.

the other little bit of time saving would be by scanning a few rides and than save the actuall time it takes for going from one ride to another because the i will start Qboting for the next ride the minute i'm off the one i was just on.\

Is that correct??

Thanks again,
gil

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 07:54:13 AM »
One thing they don't tell you is that you can NOT reserve a ride again right after you rode it.
None of the employees seemed to know how long the wait between reservations or wanted to tell.
It seems to be 10 minutes or slightly longer.  Or 7 minutes before your next ride expires.
So if you are trying to get serveral rides on Kingda Ka and El Toro it will take some waiting by the reservation sign to get it to reserve.   And also do not panic when it is buzzing you and telling you it is time to ride.  The walk between the rides is not that long.

-Scan Kingda Ka...ride time in 17 minutes...
-Scan El Toro...Ride reserved.
-Go back and ride Kingda Ka....about 10 minutes after entering Kingda Ka it tells you the reserved time for El Toro in 15 minutes.
-Keep trying to reserve Kindga Ka...it will keep telling you that it can't reserve it yet but it eventually will.
-Rush over and Now go ride El Toro.
-Keep trying to reserve El Toro...it will keep telling you that it can't reserve it yet but it eventually will.
-Rush over and Now go ride Kingda Ka.
-Repeat until you get sick...
-(We did not have much down time between rides...other than waiting to reserve the next ride.)

The line for Ka was 2-3 hours and El Toro was 1.5-2 hours on Sunday 9.17.2006
It was crowded becuase most the other rides were down.
We got on both 3 times in 3 hours...

Now you could have stuck some Medusa and Superman in there too...but both rides were closed.
Nitro is really to far away to have reserved with the Gold, by the time you get over there it will be time to ride the one on the other side of the park! ( And that also wasn't working either, yes it was one of those days).
It seems they try to throttle the # of rides you can reserve in a row.
But if you are persistant you can work the system.

I usually don't get the Gold.  If the park is crowded I ususally leave.
If it is your only trip to GAdv and it is crowded it will make you trip much much more enjoyable.

Has anyone figured out the rules on long it takes to reserve a ride again??
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 08:00:47 AM by Ogolo »

Offline d_gil

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 09:14:17 AM »
THANKS OGOLO and others,
these are the type of tips i am looking for :)

gil

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 07:27:15 PM »
I can't believe all those coasters were not running that day.
I would be very upset if I paid full price.
Even Nitro was down  ?  that was a first I have seen.
I hope they get all back up for FF weekends.
Yo

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 07:24:39 AM »
It was a not a great day.
I couldn't believe ti when Nitro was down.  I think it was something with the lift as mechanics were all over it.
And they may have eventually got it working...
Medusa was closed due to a wasp nest at the top of the lift.   
There were also plenty of wasps flying around at the top of the El Toro lift, but I suppose they didn't see that  ;).
Maybe they were just making the move from Medusa!!
Superman was down for the day and was noted at the entrance.

We really only wanted El Toro and Kingda Ka that day...So no complaints here.
When I went to pick up my 2007 Season Pass from Guest Relations there were plenty of people complaining.
Sometimes they just have one of those days.