Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Bowling and Roller Coasters?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 22
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Bowling and Roller Coasters?
« on: May 14, 2007, 05:56:26 PM »
Six Flags Announces Partnership with Professional Bowlers Association
Monday May 14, 12:34 pm ET
SIX FLAGS ST. LOUIS WILL BE HOME TO "2007 PBA ALL-STAR SHOOTOUT" HOSTED BY SIX FLAGS ST. LOUIS

NEW YORK, May 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags (NYSE: SIX - News) has thrill rides, shows and attractions for families and guests of all ages - and today Six Flags officially adds bowling to the list!

Delivering on its promise to expand the range of entertainment at its parks across the country, Six Flags announced today a partnership with the PBA (Professional Bowlers Association) to host a PBA summer bowling event at Six Flags St. Louis.

The "2007 PBA All-Star Shootout Hosted by Six Flags St. Louis" will take place June 14-17, 2007 at Six Flags St. Louis, where the PBA's best-known bowling stars will compete, as well as meet and greet park guests and conduct clinics and pro-amateur bowling events in which some lucky Six Flags guests will win an opportunity to take on the pros. The PBA's Top Ten bowlers will take part in this event, including National Champion and PBA Hall of Famer Pete Webber.

"Our partnership with the Professional Bowlers Association is the perfect example of our approach to guest entertainment at Six Flags," said Dan Weinberg, Six Flags Vice President of Entertainment. "With the popularity of bowling, and especially given the large bowling fan base here in the greater St. Louis area, our new relationship with the PBA is the perfect opportunity to add to our roster and give Six Flags guests an entertainment experience they can't find anywhere else. Not only will they have the opportunity to witness a sanctioned PBA event up close and personal as it unfolds over a four-day period - they'll have the chance to meet or even challenge some of the best bowlers in the world."

Beginning June 24, ESPN will air 15 half-hour shows devoted to the tournament, and the show will air for five straight weeks through the end of June. Admittance into all events will be included in the price of admission to Six Flags St. Louis.

For more information, log on to http://www.sixflags.com.

About Six Flags, Inc:

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Founded in 1961, Six Flags celebrated its 45th Anniversary in 2006. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE: SIX - News) headquartered in New York City.

Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: -101
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: Bowling and Roller Coasters?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 06:35:37 PM »
I wish they had it at GADV! Seems like SF is trying to get as much Alliances as they can!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 10
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »
Some of the tricks these guys can do will leave your jaw on the floor...
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
  • Spunk: 1
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 10:54:40 PM »
I love bowling. Been bowling since I was five years old. =O

I bowl for college and this is so awesome.