Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Have you ever had a break down or gotten stuck on a ride?  (Read 925 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Spunk: 13
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
Have you ever had a break down or gotten stuck on a ride?
« on: April 10, 2007, 01:11:41 PM »
Iv'e been stuck on:

- April 1995, stuck on Splash Mountain at WDW at age 4 for 25 minutes in the dark, very fun (yeah right)

-June 1995, stuck at the top of the lift hill on Rolling Thunder at SFGAv age 5. 30 minutes, didn't go back on till next year.

-July 1998, my brother and I got a roll abck on a kiddie coaster and we had to be evacuated.

-Feburary 2001, My mother and I were stopped in the HaunteD Mansion in the magic Kingdom for a little while while they were loading/unloading handycaped guests!

-Feburary 2001, Broke down in The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter in the Magic Kingdom, and the ride was evacuated.

-April 2001, E-stopped on Batman The Ride at SFGAv on the brake run at age 10, in the dark, with my twin, freaked me the hell out! About 20 minutes

-April 2002, Stuck halfway up the lift hill on the Coney island Cyclone for 15 minutes, at age 11.

-June 2002, Stopped half way up the lift on Saw Mill Log flume at SFGAv because there were too many boats!

-June 2003, E-stopped twice on Batman The Ride at SFGAv, at age 13, that was was a fun 45 minute ride.

-August 2003, E-stopped on Comet at The Great Escape for 10 minutes, with Anthony and 8 year old sister Savannah

-July, 2004, My restraint wouldn't open on Top Spin 2 at Coney Island. My cousin was just laughing at me. They had to take it off manually.

-August 2004, Anthony, Savannah, 8(first time on this ride, and getting stuck on one), and I got stuck on Super Man?ge at La Ronde,at the top of the lift for almost a minute

-August 2004, Went on for the third time that day and got stuck at the top of the lift, by myself, in the front row again! For 2-5 minutes I was by myself (because every one was eating but I was doen. And wonted to ride again.

-Saptember 2004, Me, Anthony, and my friend Angie got stuck on Robin chiller in the station for 5 minutes. let me tell you, being stapled in for that long, hurts!

-September 2004, Me, Savannah, and my friend Angie got stuck at the top of Rolling Thunder at SFGAv for a minute or two at night!

-Saptember 2004, I got stuck in the station of Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFGAv, becuase my restrain wouldn't open!

-October 2004, Anthony, Savannah I over shot the lift of High speed Thrill Coaster at Knoebels, and we were stopped for about 8 seconds. (Picture below!)

-October 2004, When savannah and I were on The Flyers at knoebels, the motor went dead we sat there for a few minutes. The ride juist started, and I t was our first time on it!

-May 2005, Kingda Ka's opening day, Savannah, Anthony, Anan, and I got stuck on Kingda Ka. We left the station, stopped for 20 minutes, pulled as back into the station, sat for 10 minutes, than made us get off.

-August 2005, I also got stuck on La Marche du Mille-pattes at La Ronde. We came into the station a little too soon. We stopped with the lastc ar (that my sister, brother, and I were in) on the outside of the station. The operator ran off. Went through the queue, than ran back, pressed a button and sent us through an other lap .

-June 2006, I was on Top Spin 2 at Coney Island and it just kept going in a circle constantly and the supports were shaking. It can to an abrupt stop upside down and we sat there for 30 seconds before we came down slowly. We then sat there for a few minutes while we saw staff running under the ride (Anthony the Benny and Anthony (MedusaDude) are witnesses to this!)

-June 2006, Me, my friend Alexa, Dan (kkrider09), and his friend Dave got stuck at the top of the lift of Batman the Ride for 15 mintues.

-August 2006, Anthony (Medusa Dude), Spike (Nitro Fan), my friend Pebbles, Dan (kkrider09) and I got stuck at the top of El toro for like a minute. We got a re-ride and it happened again!

-November 2006, My brtoher Anthony (the Benny), and I got stuck on Raging Spirits at Tokyo DisneySea. I realized something was wrong when we left the station and stopped for a second on the little break and slowed down on all the MCBR (You don't usually). We got to the end, and stopped. There were two trains in the station. Onen before us, and two behind us (all on the break run). They than made an annoucment saying the ride was down, and turned off the fog and turned on work lights. It was pretty cool! About 10 minutes later, they restarted it and got us off.

-November 2006, E-Stop on Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare at Tokyo Disneyland

-November 2005, E-Stoped on Splash Mountain's final lift, at the very top (kind of hanging off).

-January 2007,  E-Stop Haunted Mansion in the Magic Kingdom.

-January 2007, E-Stop Space Ship Earth in EPCOT.

-January 2007, Break Down on Universe Of Energy (Ellen's Energy Adventure) in EPCOT, and they evacuated (my first real evac).

-April 2007, Break down on Skull Mountain's first lift for about 10-15 minutes. The restarted, and we went through half the ride with the lights on, and we stopped again on the first break run (where they turned on the lights again). A few minutes later, and attendant came out and manually released the breaks and we continued to the block breaks.

-Dainan "I'm a hex" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline lore1991

• Jungleland Express
  • Spunk: 1
Re: Have you ever had a break down or gotten stuck on a ride?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 09:14:22 AM »
I've been stuck on:

12nd of may, 2007 : break down on KKA... we were on the train in the station... we've waited about 10 minutes before leaving the station...

14th of may, 2007: stuck on the lift of cedar creek mine ride, for about 5 minutes...

14th of may, 2007 : stuck on the lift of magnum xl-200 for about 2 minutes...

15th of may, 2007 : Break down on TTD...they had left us 20 minutes on the train in the station, then they told us to get down and to go up again, and left after 5 minutes ...

If I didn't lose memory, I think I haven't been stuck on other rides... :) ;)

"arms down, head back, enjoy your ride on KIIIIIINGDA KA"

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
  • Spunk: 0
Re: Have you ever had a break down or gotten stuck on a ride?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 11:52:14 PM »
I got stuck at the top of Stuntman's about four years back... an attendant came up and we had to walk down the stairs
is back? in black?