Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SFMM Playpass is back  (Read 2587 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
SFMM Playpass is back
« on: November 01, 2006, 01:42:56 PM »
I don't get it.  I just don't get it.  Not only are they currently trying to sell this park but now, even if they don't they are still giving the gate away.  And the upgrade to $125 for free parking, free flash pass on every visit and 25% off merchandise is just insane.  What the hell are they thinking???  This is just ridiculous.

Play Pass Is Back!
Wednesday November 1, 10:00 am ET 
Best Entertainment Value Card Is Back ... and Bigger Than Ever!
Play Pass Buy a Day, Get a Year FREE!
Buy Now and Get the Rest of '06 and All of '07 FREE!

VALENCIA, Calif., Nov. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags Magic Mountain today announced the return of Play Pass -- offering the millions of thrill-seeking Southern Californians the best value-priced entertainment package around -- bar none. And now the tremendous offer is bigger and better than ever with free admission coupons and discounts throughout the park. In addition, guests who purchase and process their Play Pass by February 25 will receive a front-of-the-line Tatsu Flight Pass to be used any operating day in March. The new species of fear -- Tatsu, the world's tallest, fastest and longest flying coaster, debuted in May to rave reviews.

On sale today online, at the Park, by mail or over the phone, guests can buy a day and get a year free. For the unprecedented price of just a single day's admission of $59.99, guests who purchase Play Pass can enjoy the renowned Thrill Park all day, every operating day -- now -- through the end of the 2007 operating season.

With the Six Flags Play Pass there are no blackout dates and no fine print -- Play Pass is good for unlimited visits, unlimited free concerts and special events and unlimited fun all year long! Plus, Play Pass is good at all Six Flags theme parks across the country and comes with a Bonus Book worth over $600 in value-added Six Flags offers, including four FREE friend admissions, a FREE child admission, a FREE Hurricane Harbor admission ticket, plus discounts on in-park food, merchandise and games.

Play Passes can be purchased online at sixflags.com, by calling 661-255-0208, in person at the Park or by mail.

With a 2007 Play Pass, guests who purchase prior to July 4th are automatically entered into the Dream Nite 2007 contest ... one of six winners to be treated to an exclusive, all-access bash -- with free rides, shows, food, attractions and more!

In addition to Play Pass, Six Flags Magic Mountain also offers the "limited run" premium pass option -- the Xtreme Play Pass -- for guests who want a Six Flags VIP experience with every visit. In addition to all the benefits of the Play Pass, the Xtreme Play Pass includes, FREE "Flash Pass" front of the line privileges, FREE parking, 25% off all Six Flags Magic Mountain merchandise purchases and a 25% discount at all Six Flags operated food locations (except carts). The Xtreme Play Pass is on sale today for just $125.

Play Pass benefits are only good at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

"We are excited to bring back this extraordinary Play Pass program for the many loyal Six Flags consumers throughout Southern California who are looking for the best in thrilling experiences at a great value," stated Del Holland, vice president and general manager of Six Flags California. "This offer surpasses any other offer in Southern California -- Six Flags thrills any time you want for the price of a single days admission -- almost too good to be true!"

In 2007, Play Pass holders can race, spin, dive and fly on many of the world's most electrifying coasters only found at Six Flags Magic Mountain -- like TATSU, the newest "flying" beast to join the Six Flags world-class coaster collection; Scream, Southern California's first floorless coaster; X, the world's first four-dimensional coaster; Goliath, still The Giant Among Coasters; The Riddler's Revenge -- the world's tallest and fastest stand-up roller coaster; Superman The Escape -- the most technologically advanced thrill ride ever built; Colossus -- a classic "woodie," Batman The Ride, Viper and many more.

Six Flags thrills come in many shapes and sizes -- get drenched on five wet and wild water rides like Roaring Rapids, Tidal Wave and Log Jammer. Experience an array of exciting family shows like the new Batman Begins Stunt Show, based on Warner Bros. Pictures' blockbuster movie and unlimited special events like Fright Fest, Festival Latino, Hallelujah Jubilee and more.

For the little thrill seekers, Bugs Bunny World is a six-acre interactive wonderland featuring 16 rides and attractions that parents and kids can experience together -- including two traditional Six Flags roller coasters ... only pint-sized!

Six Flags Magic Mountain is located at 26101 Magic Mountain Parkway, Valencia, north of Los Angeles off Interstate 5 at the Magic Mountain Parkway exit. The park is now open weekends and school holidays at 10 a.m. Closing hours vary. For more information, call (661) 255-4111 or visit us on the Internet at sixflags.com. AOL keyword: sixflags.

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Founded in 1961, Six Flags is celebrating its 45th Anniversary in 2006. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE: SIX - News) headquartered in New York City.

SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc ?, TM and ? 2006.

LOONEY TUNES, and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and ? Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

(s06)

BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and ? DC Comics

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: SFMM Playpass is back
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »
I would love to have one of those passes for Great Adventure.
 would pay the price in a second.
Parking
Flash Pass
Etc.

We need Xtreme Play Pass here in NJ
I'm sure everyone on this site would buy one

the Xtreme Play Pass includes, FREE "Flash Pass" front of the line privileges, FREE parking, 25% off all Six Flags Magic Mountain merchandise purchases and a 25% discount at all Six Flags operated food locations (except carts). The Xtreme Play Pass is on sale today for just $125.
Yo

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 05:18:40 PM »
There getting ripped off badly. I don't get it...

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 05:30:55 PM »
If it's a free flashpass every visit then it's worth it
is that the case  ?  or I'm I reading into wrong

I'm reading it like $125 ontop of the season pass    maybe I got it all wrong   ???

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 05:35:55 PM by pcman »
Yo

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 06:30:06 PM »
I believe the FlashPass system out there is not like the one at Great Adventure.
I think they use paper ticket passes that get you to the front of any ride line.
Right peterpjr?
So this pass probavly lets you get in this line without buying the tickets.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 06:33:24 PM »
^^Flash pass every time, $125 total. It's an amazing deal.

Gah, where is this at GAdv. It was $120 for next years for parking and SP with out the Flash Pass. I WANT THIS SOOO BADLY!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 06:35:23 PM »
Would you wanna take the chance of spending $60 and may not be walking in the gates!? SFMM Is offically up for sale i believe....
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 05:14:40 PM »
One condition they'd probably make would be the new owners would most likely honor your passes, if not SF would probably re-fund your purchase. They would have to.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 08:10:38 PM »
So that you can visit a new condo or housing development?  I'd say the odds are 50/50 right now for it becoming redeveloped land or continuing life as a park.  The management has to choose whatever gets the investors the best return - no matter how much they want it to remain a park.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 10:36:03 AM »
So that you can visit a new condo or housing development?  I'd say the odds are 50/50 right now for it becoming redeveloped land or continuing life as a park.  The management has to choose whatever gets the investors the best return - no matter how much they want it to remain a park.

:D

Didn't know that. I just thought it was going to get sold...

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 10:05:17 PM »
Hello there Mr. Johnson, I have a Playpass, can i come in and watch the Jet game?
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]