Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo Trip Report: Lake Compounce 10/29/06  (Read 2973 times)

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
Photo Trip Report: Lake Compounce 10/29/06
« on: November 01, 2006, 07:50:58 PM »
People:
Me
Anthony (the Benny)
Kristen (Pebbles)
Mom

We got to the park at opening, which was 5:00 PM. Anthony ahd to use the bathroom so Pebbles and I went on Down Time. The view was nice. it was dark by the time we were at the top. Than the count down started. It ringed and we were thrusted down with good airtime! It was really fun! We got off and went over to Boulder Dash. We got the fourth car. We leave the station and up the lift we go.

Going up the lift was really wierd. It was going up the side of the mountain, so when we got to the top we were on ground level, which was so cool! Then turn and back down the side of the mountain! Wow this thing picked up speed! I didn't know it flew by the station! Going through the woods was awesome! It was non stop airtime! We were getting knocked around but in a fun way. It was fast and longer than I thought. It was better than people told me it would be!

We got off and saw the line grew a bit so we didn't ride again, we figured we'd ride it later (bad choice!) We rode the Enteprise which was nice, because I haven't been on an Huss Enteprise since 2003.

After Enterprise we all went over to Ghost Hunt, which is a Sally Shooting Dark Ride. It was fun but too hard to shoot and there was a long useless part of thd ride where it was on a blacony, but it went so slow. After Ghost Hunt, Pebbles, Anthony and I went over for our second and last credit of the night, Zoomerang. They thought they can cover it up but it's still a Vekoma Boomerang. New trains so i thought, this wouldn't be too bad.

There were somethings that were different about Zoomerang than any other Boomerang I've been on. It's very quiet! The first lift didn't make that loud compressed air sound when it slowed down and no noise when it releases. Go through  the normal course and get to the second lift....Where's the Kerchunk noise? Than Pebbles looked up and said, "Oh you can see stars!" and we just thought that was funny. Backwards part...meh, rough. It was a better Boomerang, Kristen thought it was boring. We than did the American Flyers. Wow...they sucked. I snapped it a little but it was so slow!

Then the three of us went on over to Thunder and Lightening. This was my second Screamin' Swings. It was really fun suprisingly. I only wish they had both sides open and that it was longer! But it had some good airtime and it was all fun. After that we went over to the Rotor. Oh I miss this ride. It was so much fun, I really wish SFGAv would get it back (and get ride of that crappy rubber thing on the wall). The floor dropped further than I remember. And when it was over we all slid down, but Pebbles was still on the wall for a few seconds :LMAO: . After that we did Zoomerang again becasue it was there, and we had to go to the Haunted Graveyard next.

Next up was the Haunted Graveyard. I didn't know what to expect, but I did know the props would be amazing. The line seemed kind of ghetto, but it moved. When we get to the end they tell us it's 45 minutes if we walk, 30 if we run. We all thoguht she was exaggerating, but no it really was 45 minutes! It was insane! It was scary, but not extremely, it was fun scary. And the theming was AMAZING! The pyramid was a shock! The house at the end was really cool. Anyone else notice there was no roof?

After the Haunted Graveyard, Mom went beck to the car and now it was jut Pebbles, Anthony and I. We did this Haunted maze which was really bad. We headed over to boulder Dash to find out it was closed for the rest of the night. The train was in the station so I'm wondering why. Then we went over to Down Time. Anthony came on this time. It was fun, I got more airtime this time. After that we went over to Zoomerang.

While in line for Zoomerang, there was this guy behind us. He said, "They call it Zoomerang because it zooms!" Than he was talking about SFNE and trying to explain Catapult to me and I tried telling them I knew! Also, this guy asked us if we've ever been on Kingda ka, and my brother bursts out laugh, "HAHAHAHA IT SUCKS!" Anyway, we got the front row. Not too bad. There was an empty seet. it was the last row. BIG MISTAKE! It was so rough. I had a major head ache until I fell asleep in my bed at home! It really hurt. After that we went home.

Anthony, Me, and Kristen finally arrived in Connecticut.

We are finally here!

First ride of the day!

Pebbles and I on Down Time

I just love the theming

First missed credit of the night!

First credit of the night!

Anthony in Boulder Dash's station!

A train full of happy riders on Boulder Dash.

Us on the Enterprise!

Night shot!

In line for Ghost Hunt.

My mommy and I (She hates that I'm taller than her!)

Kristen is ready to shoot some ghosts!

Anthony and I on Ghost Hunt.

Meh it's a credit!

Us in the second car.

"Oh dear lord! Why!?!?!"

Us on the Rotor!

These flyers sucked!

The Haunted Graveyard was AMAZING!

One last ride on Down Time.

What's a better way to end a great night with Coffee!

-Dainan "I can't wait to get my other credits, and go back to this great park!" Rafferty

Coaster Count: 255

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: Photo Trip Report: Lake Compounce 10/29/06
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 09:44:21 PM »
Lake Compounce is an awesome park! Boulder Dash is amazing at night and the Haunted Graveyard makes the place 1000x better!

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 02:09:50 AM »
I'm glad you had fun at one of my favorite parks!

I'm a little upset I didn't make it to closing night, since I've done it (or atleast closing weekend) every year for the last 4 years.

Boulder Dash realyl is an amazing ride, and was my #1 until this year when I rode Hades more than once and Voyage. It's still in my "list 'o favorites" though.

I'm actually kinda surprised it took you so long to get to this park as its only 30 mins from SFNE and not too far from the NY area! I can't wait to get back there next year after BD gets all it's needed trackwork.

Nice report.
Rob

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 08:22:56 AM »
Thanks. I really was impressed by the park. And it's only 2 1/2 hours away. I left the park at 9 and got home around 11:30. I was able to go to school and everything just fine. I really can't wait to go back.

-Dainan "I can't wait to ride Wildcat" Rafferty

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 09:51:27 AM »
Nice Trip Report.  I know I'll definately be going back next year after our visit in August.  Maybe I'll aim for going in October now as well after hearing all these reports on the Haunted Graveyard.  Unfortunately, I heard that Boulder Dash broke down early in the evening and they were unable to get it reopened in time.  Which is unfortunate and seldom happens at this park.  Glad you got on it though!

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 10:03:03 AM »
We should have some type of Updates meet on the first Friday night of The Graveyard! I've gone the last 2 years and scroed over 20+ BD night rides each night and know a few people who got over 60!! The Graveyard is a walk-on as well...

Wildcat is a fun ride, comparable to Thunderbolt at SFNE... I'm looking forward to riding it next year with the retracking they are doing so they can add the 2nd train and brakes other than skid brakes (Fins or magents)

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »
Funny thing is they should have called Kingda ka  "Down time"  right Chuck !

Nice report, Zoomerang was my last new credit of the season. That is until I ride IJST this weekend.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 03:09:03 PM by Bubba Z »

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »
I officialy hate Bubba!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 09:07:45 PM »
Oh in that case

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 10:19:58 PM »
Oh dear god!

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 10:24:23 PM »
You look like you have a wad of tabaccoo in your mouth!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 07:56:40 AM »
looks like your 12 years old  :-[
look what I got for Christmas LOL   :D
let the picture wars begin

CHuck how did you fit in that mini car  ?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:37:22 AM by pcman »
Yo

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 08:28:20 AM »
Great...look what I started!

-Dainan "Happy you all liker my photo trip report" Rafferty

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 11:12:55 AM »
For anyone interested in Graveyard or the other Halloween mazes at LC, I'd recommend not going the first weekend.  During the first weekend of Graveyard, some park mazes(like the Clown one this year) aren't open yet and many props in the Graveyard aren't working yet.  There's also not as many actors in the Graveyard.  We've done the Graveyard just about every weekend and it definitely gets MUCH better later in October.  I wouldn't consider it worth the money the first weekend.  As long as you don't go on a Saturday, you should be fine.

Sue