Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Coaster Celebration 2006!  (Read 28908 times)

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
Coaster Celebration 2006!
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »
I actually like the nametag idea.  It's definately something possibly that all of us here could use for the day, not only to identify each of us by name but also association with Gadv Updates.  

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2005, 02:05:06 PM »
Hmm, I think a nametag/sticker with GadvGuide on it for you to write your name on is a good possibility. :)  The one thing we don't want to do is force anyone who doesn't like the idea of sharing their personal identity, to do so. That being said, we can let everyone PM the mods for a nametag if they want to do this when the begining of May, end of April rolls around.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2005, 02:15:47 PM »
or a blank name tag at time of arrival. (unless someone had the time to do all this before hand ) ?
we could fill out ourselves  wear them as we like or if at all or at least during ERT times,  I would wear mine at the least during arrival, ERT and Lunch times.

At ACE events I been to in the past  the names came on the tags already but they already had our registration info etc.
Mine would read:
Tom (last name) AKA PCMAN
Sicklerville  NJ
Yo

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2005, 02:18:30 PM »
Quote from: "pcman"
or a blank name tag at time of arrival. (unless someone had the time to do all this before hand ) ?
we could fill out ourselves  wear them as we like or if at all or at least during ERT times,  I would wear mine at the least during arrival, ERT and Lunch times.

At ACE events I been to in the past  the names came on the tags already but they already had our registration info etc.

You know I am going to look into getting official tags that you can hold onto and use whenever. Maybe like have a rollercoaster Picture and your screenname can be added to them. I know my boss would probably let me use the name maker at work. I'd just need the actual blank tags and the coaster pics.. Time for me to do some internet searching :)

Actually! I'm taking a trip to the craft store where I am sure I'll find exactly what I'm looking for!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2005, 02:22:55 PM »
I think what pcman may be asking is if Gadv is supplying or has supplied name tags.  This works for me if its just us.  But perhaps the park should be making tags for everybody that attends CC.

I agree, it makes it easier to strike up a conversation while in line, etc.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2005, 02:28:32 PM »
The park doesn't but, I have seen buttons from ACE and other groups that have a logo and the member's screenname's on them. I'd like one to wear any time I go to meet someone I haven't met in person. If stickers or buttons aren't good there is also Lanyards but, they'd have to be tucked in a shirt or pocket and could get ruined quick that way.  :?

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2005, 02:29:23 PM »
http://www.nametagsource.com/

plastic clip on or safty pin tags are around .39 each and up
I have about 500 self stick labels but are very thin  about 1" x 5"  but are very small
I also have other self stick lables in the 3x4 size  I can offer up but selfstick get wet fall off etc.

yes that is what I was asking if the park gave out tags  which I don't think they did
I can see it now  all the pictures from the event  and onride footage on the web the day after.
ok got to get back to work
Yo

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2005, 02:43:21 PM »
I like the idea of Wristbands to! I think we may need to poll and vote on this to see what everyone would prefer but, You are great PCman, I am really glad you brought this idea up :)

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2005, 02:53:57 PM »
I say custom tshirts. I actually would be willing to make a tshirt with a new guide logo on the back and your name/username on the front. I have all the equipment I need, I would just need to figure out a price for the tshirts. They last through the wash too so they could be worn whenever we all meet somewhere.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2005, 03:06:34 PM »
I like yours but, cost is an issue and we have alot of people with Familes and still going to school here :)

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2005, 03:09:13 PM »
Well it wouldnt be more than like 10 bucks a shirt. Possibly less.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2005, 03:12:22 PM »
Quote from: "innervision"

We have to get a decent logo first! LOL

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2005, 03:15:02 PM »
I will be at Coaster Celebration with Chuck this year. Hopefully they have night ERT on Ka and Toro.

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2005, 03:24:47 PM »
Quote from: "DianaR"
Quote from: "innervision"

We have to get a decent logo first! LOL

I'm way ahead of you  :lol: Look forward to a poll soon

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2005, 11:24:01 PM »
i say we sport duct tape name tags.  Anyone wearing a crazy colored tape strip on thier front, or back, surely is visable from a distance.  I know if you have some tape on your back ill approach you and introcude myself!
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2005, 11:53:09 PM »
I have plenty of tape

Or I can just bring a sharpie and write our names on our Forehead
easy to see and make you look someone in the eye when talking with them

on second thought  na
Yo

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2005, 12:05:29 AM »
Writing our names on our forehead wouldn't be such a bad idea. Trust me no one would forget anyone's name that way.

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2005, 11:16:35 PM »
Take electrical take and spell out your name with it.  If you like cursive though, it will be a challange.  We can make giant hats with our name on them instead of having sharpie on our foreheads all day long. :lol:
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2005, 11:33:54 PM »
I will be wearing my EL TORO Matador CAPE
flying in the wind as I tame the beast El Toro
Yo

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2005, 12:15:20 AM »
I will try to be there, but it's just too early to tell.

I have some ideas while waiting it out. What about a scavenger hunt? I'm always up for one of those. For example, you would get a clue, and you would have to figure it out to find a boz near an attraction, stall, ride, whatever. The first one to collect a few stickers or something and back to the fountain wins. If the clues are hard, it could easily take an hour or so. For example, you could say "A superhero" Now, you would think Batman or Superman, but the clue would be hidden in the Daily News Shop at SUF's exit. Aha, so it can be tricky! I personally think it would be a lot of fun as long with we abide to park rules.

We could also have a Midway Games Tourney :D  I know how you all would love that! (probably the hardest games to win) Also, we could have a good old GAdv trivia contest. You can take those into consideration. I look forward to CC, and I hope I can go!

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2005, 12:52:29 AM »
We were discussing the scavenger hunt idea, and hopefully we can find a way to make that happen for all of us, on a grand scale ;)
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2005, 01:06:53 AM »
A scav hunt during Coaster Celebration would totally kill the time we have when its not ERT. Great idea and I hope we can implement it.

Offline Fjask

• Affiliate
  • Carousel
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2005, 11:35:59 AM »
Since were talking about scavenger hunts, what happened with the results of Central's hunt?

On topic with Coaster Celebration, if I can get a car, most likely I'll be there.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2005, 12:18:26 PM »
Quote from: "Fjask"
Since were talking about scavenger hunts, what happened with the results of Central's hunt?

On topic with Coaster Celebration, if I can get a car, most likely I'll be there.

Twisted won... hands down, he had everybody else beat.  Were going to try to not discuss much of the old hunt though because were hoping much of it will be reused at CC2006.

I'm not sure what area you are from but keep in mind that many members on here might be willing to help you out with transportation ;)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2005, 12:22:57 PM »
For a price of course  :lol: